Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Griffin M4SD/M4SDK Compatible Muzzle Devices

Feedback Score
    Duplicate post

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max713 View Post
    Would be good to have someone else confirm what I have found.
    My Mod 0 was bought late 2015.
    Can you measure the gate/latch thickness on your M4SD, and the groove on your mod 0?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an M4SDII, 30SD, and an Optimus with an A2 mount. I’ve had fitting issues with random A2’s. Some were very loose & some didn’t fit at all.
    I have about 5 or 6 BCM MD’s and all of them fit great.
    For the best fit; however, I use the MD’s from GA. They offer the most positive latch engagement with least amount of wobble.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quick question on these... Will they work with any of the extended Flash hiders such as the BCM A2X?
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Quick question on these... Will they work with any of the extended Flash hiders such as the BCM A2X?
    The answer is “some but not all”. The GA A2 mounted cans interface with the A2 style MDs on the two raised “lands” on the MD and latch into the BFA groove.

The lands need to be at the same distance apart to interface with the can properly. The BCM A2X does not. The lands on the BCM A2X are further apart so the forward bearing surface on the can will not line up with the front land on the A2X.
    I sold my upper that had a BCM A2X otherwise I’d have taken a picture for comparison.

(Apologies for the cell phone edited pics)

Griffin Armament, and perhaps others, make extended A2 compatible mounts that work with their A2 mounted cans. (See pic)

Hope this helps answer your question.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Any update on this? I'm considering a cheaper A2 compatible can while I wait for a KAC, but I have FCD 6315s and BCM comps instead of actual A2s.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a 6315 and my M4SDII fits, but it was very tight; difficult to get on and off, even when clean. I put the MD in a drill and used 600 grit, then 1200 grit sand paper to reduce the OD of the 6315. The reduction was small, maybe .0001". I couldn't measure it with my calipers, but the can works fine now.
    I also have one BCM Gunfighter Mod 0. The BFA groove was too narrow for the gate to lock. Again, I modified the MD so the silencer works. I used a bolt, nut, and some washers to hold the MD and spun it in a drill. I made the BFA groove wider with a file. It didn't take much. The OD of my BCM MD is good.

Sample size of 1 of each, so...

I have several A2s and each works fine with the M4SDII.

As a side note, the M4SD-K is a great can also. It is approximately .75" shorter than the full size version. I wouldn't call it a true mini at 5.75". However, I think it shines on 11.5-12.5" barrels. I can't tell a difference between it and the M4SDII in performance, only length/weight. I like it better than the full size version.
    Last edited by MQ105; 04-27-20 at 12:58.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    I have a 6315 and my M4SDII fits, but it was very tight; difficult to get on and off, even when clean. I put the MD in a drill and used 600 grit, then 1200 grit sand paper to reduce the OD of the 6315. The reduction was small, maybe .0001". I couldn't measure it with my calipers, but the can works fine now.
    I also have one BCM Gunfighter Mod 0. The BFA groove was too narrow for the gate to lock. Again, I modified the MD so the silencer works. I used a bolt, nut, and some washers to hold the MD and spun it in a drill. I made the BFA groove wider with a file. It didn't take much. The OD of my BCM MD is good.

Sample size of 1 of each, so...

I have several A2s and each works fine with the M4SDII.

As a side note, the M4SD-K is a great can also. It is approximately .75" shorter than the full size version. I wouldn't call it a true mini at 5.75". However, I think it shines on 11.5-12.5" barrels. I can't tell a difference between it and the M4SDII in performance, only length/weight. I like it better than the full size version.
    Good info, thanks. Any chance you have a mod 1 BCM comp? I feel like that’d be a real long shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Good info, thanks. Any chance you have a mod 1 BCM comp? I feel like that’d be a real long shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The BCM Mod 1 comp doesn’t work in the A2 mount cans, at least none of the Griffin cans.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    The BCM Mod 1 comp doesn’t work in the A2 mount cans, at least none of the Griffin cans.
    That's what I figured based on your above post, thanks for the confirmation.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast