Thread: LMT MRP 6.5 Grendel Barrel

Feedback Score

LMT MRP 6.5 Grendel Barrel

I have a LMT MRP which I love to shoot and use hug hunting. But would love to take it whitetail hunting here in Texas. While LMT makes a 6.8SPC barrel, they don’t make at 6.5 Grendel barrel. I’ve seen some post in different places about getting a barrel converted to fit the MRP upper. But the sites they refer to are down (gone) Does anyone have any suggestions where to look / go to get a 6.5 Grendel barrel for my MRP?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Talk to Marvin Pitts of Nefarious Arms. I had him make a .22lr barrel for me a couple of years ago.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb417 View Post
    Talk to Marvin Pitts of Nefarious Arms. I had him make a .22lr barrel for me a couple of years ago.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Thanks!!! I have emailed him as his FB page does allow messages and per a post it looks like they may be a bit busy. Hopefully he will get back soon.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 MRP rifles with 5.56, 6.8 and 300Blk barrels of varies lengths. Also a 16” Grendel upper. Love them all. Inside whitetail range the 6.8 is interchangeable with 6.5, and I am an admitted Grendel fanboy. Hope LMT builds Grendel barrels as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimper View Post
    I have 2 MRP rifles with 5.56, 6.8 and 300Blk barrels of varies lengths. Also a 16” Grendel upper. Love them all. Inside whitetail range the 6.8 is interchangeable with 6.5, and I am an admitted Grendel fanboy. Hope LMT builds Grendel barrels as well.
    Will probably just end up with a 6.8SPC barrel/bolt or just a complete upper in 6.5. Just wanted to use the MRP upper. I did contacted LMT this week to se if they would do a custom 6.5 Grendel barrel, but they responded with “not at this time, but would look to see if the 6.5 Grendel might be something they add to the product line in future”

Feedback Score
    Good luck hunting!