Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How about a Beretta M9A3 without the Desert Cerakote finish?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Pappabear, the G conversion is not really tough to do, if you have somebody helping. It honestly does help to have a third hand available when you re-assemble the slide.

But the actual G lever kit is not real expensive off the Beretta US website. And they are good about keeping them in stock.

It's just 59 bucks with free shipping: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Pappabear, the G conversion is not really tough to do, if you have somebody helping. It honestly does help to have a third hand available when you re-assemble the slide.

But the actual G lever kit is not real expensive off the Beretta US website. And they are good about keeping them in stock.

It's just 59 bucks with free shipping: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/
    I heard they were an easy instal and available. I was just waiting to find the right deal. It was on sale with G done. The combo made it a go for me. But great information for those whom want the G.

I couldn’t run one without the G conversation. I know many ran them in military without so to each his own.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yup, I am the same way, I really do like that G lever.

I have arthritis in my hands, and some movements just are harder than others. The cylinder release on a Colt revolver is harder than a S&W. And using the regular safety lever on a Beretta is just a tiny bit out of range for my wee stubby digits.

Bribe markm with some good Mexican food, and he can catch the springs and detents as they fly across the room. Fortunately the new lever comes with a complete set of spare springs and detents, I needed one of each.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yup, I am the same way, I really do like that G lever.

I have arthritis in my hands, and some movements just are harder than others. The cylinder release on a Colt revolver is harder than a S&W. And using the regular safety lever on a Beretta is just a tiny bit out of range for my wee stubby digits.

Bribe markm with some good Mexican food, and he can catch the springs and detents as they fly across the room. Fortunately the new lever comes with a complete set of spare springs and detents, I needed one of each.
    Oh he is pretty good, but I’m usually the spring catcher😀

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have retrofitted all of my 92's with G levers. The first one was a PITA, the rest went really easily.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I have retrofitted all of my 92's with G levers. The first one was a PITA, the rest went really easily.
    That G lever is a game changer for me. Makes the gun a legit weapon vs. a novelty to me.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I gotta admit, that Elite LTT looks like a sweet shooter. Anyone have one of those and one of the Wilson offerings that could offer a comparison? I've been eyeballing those for years, and the 92G is in the same price range.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    I gotta admit, that Elite LTT looks like a sweet shooter. Anyone have one of those and one of the Wilson offerings that could offer a comparison? I've been eyeballing those for years, and the 92G is in the same price range.
    I think one of our mod's (Sam) has both, or has had both.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

M9A3
    OEM G conversion kit
    OEM Elite II hammer
    Wilson Ultimate Action Tune Kit with a 12 lb hammer spring
    Wilson Short Reach Trigger
    Wilson fluted steel guide rod
    Wilson Fiber Optic Front and Battlesight U-notch rear
    Wilson Mag Guide
    VZ golf ball pattern grip

Average DA pull is 4 lb 10 oz, SA is 1 lb 13 oz. The Wilson trigger bar dropped right in without any fitting and I kept the OEM trigger spring. All I did was apply a 1000-grit stone to all surfaces that makes contact to remove any burrs. I wish the Wilson mag guide came without the pin hole so that we can fit it ourselves, there's about 1 mm left of upward travel.

I'm unsure how accurate trigger pull weights are, I'm using the digital gauge and measuring from the center of the trigger.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/83...ger-pull-gauge

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Wow. That is a looker. You got pics of the trigger gauge showing that pull weight on SA?

Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post

M9A3
    OEM G conversion kit
    OEM Elite II hammer
    Wilson Ultimate Action Tune Kit with a 12 lb hammer spring
    Wilson Short Reach Trigger
    Wilson fluted steel guide rod
    Wilson Fiber Optic Front and Battlesight U-notch rear
    Wilson Mag Guide
    VZ golf ball pattern grip

Average DA pull is 4 lb 10 oz, SA is 1 lb 13 oz. The Wilson trigger bar dropped right in without any fitting and I kept the OEM trigger spring. All I did was apply a 1000-grit stone to all surfaces that makes contact to remove any burrs. I wish the Wilson mag guide came without the pin hole so that we can fit it ourselves, there's about 1 mm left of upward travel.

I'm unsure how accurate trigger pull weights are, I'm using the digital gauge and measuring from the center of the trigger.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/83...ger-pull-gauge

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast