Thread: Armalite High Pressure Bolt-6.5 Creed?

Feedback Score

Question Armalite High Pressure Bolt-6.5 Creed?

Will re-barrel an Armalite AR-10A to a 6.5 Creedmoor and many discussions include the need for a high pressure bolt, but companies like JP rifles don't make hp bolts for the Armalite pattern.
    Are hp bolts available and if so, what companies have them available?
    Is a hp bolt an absolute necessity?
    Obey Acts 2:38

Feedback Score
    Rubber City looks like they have a solution to the Armalite bolt issue in that they say their hp bolt can be used in any bcg. I'm also very interested in their bcg for Armalite with adjustable gas key. Having not used an adjustable gas key, what are the nuances or differences between them and an AGB, besides being at opposite ends?
    Obey Acts 2:38

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    308 WIN has the same chamber pressure as 6.5 CM, sounds like marketing to me.

Who other than the company that make these "high pressure" bolts says you need them? And can they explain why given the above?

Feedback Score
    Mr. Todd,
    The pressure issue had me wondering “why” also and it’s been a couple of people doin self builds that tout the JP high pressure bolts.
    Seems like it’s always the DPMS pattern that needs the improvements and when Armalite changed the magazine issue their preference for purchase went up, for me at least.

Feedback Score
    Swap the barrel, bolt/carrier and gas tube to DPMS pattern if you want to run a different bolt. Converting provides a lot of options for barrels and bolts that you don't normally have with the Armalite platform and it works perfect. I'd look at the LMT bolt if you consider a conversion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I looked into it some more. It's not actually for pressure, it's supposed to help with soft brass and primers.

I don't know if it helps or not but my first thought is to just avoid ammo like that in a semi.

Feedback Score
    It’s interesting that pierced primers in “DPMS” type have been alleviated by going to an Armalite bolt with the smaller firing pin in certain circumstances.
    Magazines seemed to be the issue at one time but not now. Adjustable gas blocks and gas keys would alleviate the brass/over gas issues?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some of it may be timing, some of it is softer brass.