Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arsenal SL104 Series 5.45 Rifles

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    Did they post this somewhere or did you speak with someone at the company?

They always have contracts over seas forcing them to shift production. They don't make much money off the rifles they sell here primarily because they have to unban them stateside, add 922r parts and pay fees etc. I've always felt quality AK's are an investment simply because they always seem to dry up after limited importation. Figure also, Bulgaria is now a EU/NATO country so prices for their labor aren't cheap as they once were.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-20-17 at 14:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    5.45 is a dying caliber, and inferior to 5.56 offerings.
    With new sanctions coming around, and the import of 7n6 banned, getting into 5.45 is a poor choice in my opinion.

5.45 was nice because it was cheap, but now 223 can be had for cheaper than 5.45. Not to mention you can buy brass case 223 for the Same price as 5.45

Right now, 5.45 is a crap investment, and the ak market sucks. You can buy 6920s Much cheaper than arsenals right now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    With new sanctions coming around, and the import of 7n6 banned, getting into 5.45 is a poor choice in my opinion.

5.45 was nice because it was cheap, but now 223 can be had for cheaper than 5.45. Not to mention you can buy brass case 223 for the Same price as 5.45

Right now, 5.45 is a crap investment, and the ak market sucks. You can buy 6920s Much cheaper than arsenals right now.

Not everyone wants to just own AR's though and 5.45 is an awesome round.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-28-17 at 14:10.

Feedback Score

5.45 is an awesome round. The current price for brand name 5.56 brass ammo cannot be sustained. After the current quality 5.56 inventory is exhausted, the price will return, to .35 cents (+).

I agree with 7n6.

It will be boring to collect just a generic lower and a kit build upper.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I, for one, really like quality 74 pattern rifles, and will buy more in the future. It is my second favorite general use weapon. I hold the 5.45 in similar regard to 5.56 and .223, in that it is superior to 7.62x39 in almost every way. More ammo choices would be nice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's assuming that I care about the cost of ammo when it comes to pennies of difference (spoiler alert: I don't). I don't own an AK platform rifle and I want one. I prefer the 5.45 to the 7.62 and so I want a 74 vs. a 47. 104 series rifles are like a grand new... OK.

Right now, 5.45 is a crap investment, and the ak market sucks.
    Virtually every firearm is a "crap investment." I work in investing, and if any client said they were moving from mutual funds to firearms, I'd have them declared insane.
    As far as the AK market, it's actually not that bad. You can still pick up an AK for less than a new Glock. It's more challenging when you get into specialty items, and that's my dilemma. This is a range toy, so I can wait...
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    5.45 is an awesome round.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Did they post this somewhere or did you speak with someone at the company?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Arsenal has said it’ll be years if they come back, if at all. They are focusing on military contracts. Sucks.
    Arsenal posted this press release on their website on May 12, 2017:

PRODUCTION ENDS FOR THE POPULAR SHOOTING RIFLE, SLR-104FR SERIES

LAS VEGAS, NV –The popular shooting rifle in 5.45x39 caliber that grew into every shooters comfort has come to a temporary halt. Although the SLR-104FR Series is a joy in the firearms marketplace, it is not yet known to be a “Collector’s Item”. This might change quickly as orders are being turned away and only a few distributors (MSR Distribution and Bill Hicks) have a handful of them ready to ship.

As Arsenal’s obligations with military, government, and other contracts continue, the current stock of SLR-104FR Series rifles will continue to be sold until supply ends. Additional SLR-104FR products may be found by checking with Arsenal’s distributors and various dealers nationwide.

http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/PRODUC...FR-SERIES.html

Feedback Score
    That's assuming that I care about the cost of ammo when it comes to pennies of difference (spoiler alert: I don't). I don't own an AK platform rifle and I want one. I prefer the 5.45 to the 7.62 and so I want a 74 vs. a 47. 104 series rifles are like a grand new... OK.

Another thought, just get a 5.56 SLR 106FR. The mags will cost pretty much the same, maybe a little more than what 5.45 mags cost but at least then you'll have a NATO cal modernized AK rifle. Run copper jacked bullets through it, not the cheap steel cased stuff and it will practically run forever just like any other hammer forged chrome lined 5.56 barrel. It functionally will still look like an AK 74, you can even add plum furniture or wood furniture if you want. It's accurate and they are a lot of fun to shoot.

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 01-04-18 at 16:01.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12