Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Class setup..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Class setup..

So im signed up for a Pat Mac class next year (pretty stoked) and need to setup a back up belt/holster system. My primary rig will be my duty belt. My backup will be for my G23 w/ tlr.

Im thinking a double pistol mag and two rifle mag setup. Any suggestions for belts, holster, and mag holders?
    Last edited by J-Dub; 12-18-17 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is it a pistol/carbine combo or just one?

For classes I like to run a little as possible. Use my pants belt for dump pouch, to hold my hsgi subload and a holster if I need it. I follow the idea of learning and practicing being two different things. I go to learn in class with what will get me by in class. I go home and practice what I learned in the class with either my duty gear or something very similar.

I just did a Pat Mac class two weeks ago so I can probably answer some questions.

You’ll be in for a good time.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Two day pistol/rifle. Im looking for a simple belt (riggers?) and kydex holster/mag holders

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Two day pistol/rifle. Im looking for a simple belt (riggers?) and kydex holster/mag holders
    Ive used an Ares Aegis belt as the pants+Gear belt for several classes. And it’s useful as my everyday belt. Pick your poison on mag carriers. I don’t see a need to build a war belt-esque setup unless you really want one. Get a dump pouch. Even a cheap one. It’ll help when you have to carry 1-2 extra mags to the line or store the empties. You can easily do two mags (of each pistol and rifle) on the belt while on the line with his program and not fall behind.

Pat runs the most big-boy rules range I’ve ever seen. Out of ammo, fine, clear your gun and go reload. Want to haul your ammo can down to the firing line? Cool.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    There was a Ronin belt with accessories posted on the EE earlier. If its your size, jump on that.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    The AWS assaulter belt is an option, i've heard they make the belts for ronin but since they give you molle panels it's easier to mount pouches than it is on the ronin. I'm still in the past with my HSGI belt but I like it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    The AWS assaulter belt is an option, i've heard they make the belts for ronin but since they give you molle panels it's easier to mount pouches than it is on the ronin. I'm still in the past with my HSGI belt but I like it.
    Ive been meaning to pick one of those up. Also heard they make the ronin belts and the adjustable molle panels looks like a winner. The price is really good on those too.

https://www.awsin.com/products.asp?id=164

EDIT: I should have stated that my personal "training/battle/war/whatever belt" belt is a Volund Micro Battle Belt, the new V3 looks like their best one yet.
    Last edited by drummerdude1188; 12-24-17 at 00:18.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    If you want super simple try TR Holsters.
    http://trholsters.com/holsters/

They make the holster and pistol/rifle mag pouches.
    I have a G19 and two double Glock mag pouches. Made from Kydex, tension adjustable and a darn good price. The quality is top notch also. You could wear these in a riggers belt or whatever belt you wear with your pants pants.

I used this setup until I set up a battle belt that works even better for me. (G-Code Operator belt)

But if you want simple - TR Holsters is it. Add a Tactical Tailor Dump Pouch and your gtg. Blue Force Gear also makes micro trauma that you can wear on your belt. If I had to do minimum, I would at minimum add a small ifak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdude1188 View Post
    Ive been meaning to pick one of those up. Also heard they make the ronin belts and the adjustable molle panels looks like a winner. The price is really good on those too.

https://www.awsin.com/products.asp?id=164
    I sold my HGSI Grip belts and went with the G-Code Operators belt. Inner belt w/Velcro and outer belt. Out of the belts and setups I’ve tried, this is hands down the best setup I’ve ever used. I even have other everyday wear belts that have Velcro on the outside so I can slap on the outer battle belt in a jif. And it stays in place no matter how much running and moving I do. But definitely a lot of good options out there.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/pro...tors-belt-175/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Run your class setup exactly as you would run your loadout if you were to actually use it.

Use the class to shake out any issues with your serious setup and find the weaknesses/flaws and know what to change.

the velcroed inner/outer belt setups are pretty great

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast