Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on the Remington 700 AAC-SD in 6.5Creedmoor? (Updated on Post #16)

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Geo View Post
    OP here...

Well, gentlemen I am screwed. I looks like I'll have to stop by the 5.11 store, kind of! I mentioned to my brother that I had started this thread and he spilled the beans! This was his reply, " Your wife bought a Remington 700 AAC-SD in 6.5 Creedmoor and she does not plan on doing an shooting with it!"! I will be getting a Remington 6.5Creedmoor for Christmas that my brother helped pic out.

Bless her heart...!
    Maybe you’ll get a good one.

I didn’t.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-questions-etc

My $3,500 Rem700 AAC-SD shot great with a Krieger barrel and trued action though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They make more sense at the $500 price point, since the stock is typically replaced. There are more than a few good options for reasonable cost if you don't like it or if it contacts the barrel in a negative way.

If it shoots anything like mine does in a B&C stock, you'll be very happy with it. Group size improved dramatically after I replaced the muzzle device with a thread protector (haven't set up the trust yet).
    Last edited by grizzman; 12-23-17 at 23:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP here...

Thanks guys. I am surprised my brother made the recommendation to my wife after we had only discussed the Remington briefly! I will change out the stock, I already have a Timney trigger and go from there.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hope it works out for you. The Remington 700 is a good rifle when built correctly. Unfortunately the QC at Remington has gone way down in the last few years.

I had a heavy barreled 308 Remington 700 that shot an honest average .75 MOA once I put it in a good stock. Churned our many .5 MOA groups but it averaged about .6 to .9 regularly. Best I ever did with it was a 6 inch 5 shot group at 900 yards.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I have the Rem700 AAC-SD in .308 that I put in a B&C stock that shoots under moa especially, with my hand loads but I have to agree, the best out of the box/most accurate rifle I've ever shot was a Tikka and I've owned three of them!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well here it is. I will be taking it out this Friday and seeing how we do. I will sight it in at 100 yards and will take it out to 1000 yards. I bought 60 rounds of Federal American Eagle 140 grain Open Tip Match ammo for this weekend. I am also in the process of buying all the reloading stuff I need for it.

Remington AAC-SD 6.5 Creedmoor
    AAC Blackout brake
    KRG Bravo stock
    KRG Small bolt lift
    KRG 5 round magazine (x2)
    KRG extended magazine release
    Timney 510 trigger
    EGW 30 MOA base
    Vortex Precision rings
    Vortex bubble level
    Vortex 4x16x44 Viper HST MRAD scope
    Harris bipod

Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Geo View Post
    Well here it is. I will be taking it out this Friday and seeing how we do. I will sight it in at 100 yards and will take it out to 1000 yards. I bought 60 rounds of Federal American Eagle 140 grain Open Tip Match ammo for this weekend. I am also in the process of buying all the reloading stuff I need for it.

Remington AAC-SD 6.5 Creedmoor
    AAC Blackout brake
    KRG Bravo stock
    KRG Small bolt lift
    KRG 5 round magazine (x2)
    KRG extended magazine release
    Timney 510 trigger
    EGW 30 MOA base
    Vortex Precision rings
    Vortex bubble level
    Vortex 4x16x44 Viper HST MRAD scope
    Harris bipod
    Good looking rifle. Curious how that rifle would compare to the Rem 700 Magpul in 6.5 CM??

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    PVA just came out with a production class gun for PRS. It's quite the value for someone who is limited on funds and wanting a bolt action rifle. It uses ARC's new action. Since Josh is making it, I would put it up against any custom as far as accuracy. You can also order it in the non-spec version. The intro sale ends on the 27th I think.

http://patriotvalleyarms.com/deposit...k-bolt-action/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12