Thread: Heavy AR10 std Carbine length heavy buffer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Heavy AR10 std Carbine length heavy buffer

I bought a PWS H3 buffer from Aim for my upcoming AR10 build. Bought some tungsten weights off a quality eBay seller (www.pur-tungsten.com), to convert the H3 buffer to an H4. This is possible because PWS buffers have a steel body.

However, upon putting the H3 on the scale I discovered that it was actually H2 weight at 4.6oz. Not a huge deal, but that’s on PWS. Glad I ordered the 3 weight set on eBay.

So, out went the two steel weights and in went two 1.45oz tungsten replacement weights. Total buffer weight is almost identical to the Vltor A5H4 at 6.7oz (the A5H4 is usually 6.8 on my scale).

So, this plus a Sprinco Red and an SLR Sentry 7 set screw Ti and we’ll be ready to rock. Build list:

*Faxon 308 16” mid gas, continuous taper barrel with .750” gas block journal, 4150 Nitride

*Matrix Arms DPMS high compatible receiver set (but it has the Armalite rear geometry)

*Radical 7.62 Nitride BCG

*Sprinco dual extractor springs

*Sprinco Red with optional cryogenic treatment

*Mega WedgeLock 14” Keymod handguard w/ standard Titanium barrel nut and receiver face pinned for anti rotation (by yours truly)

*Geissele SSA-E

*PWS H4 buffer

*Vltor A5 receiver extension

*SLR Sentry 7 Ti set screw AGB

The final buffer on the scale and the two steel weights removed (on the right) with my only remaining tungsten weight. The steel weights, though there were too many, were VERY finely machined. Never seen them look that clean. Turned on a lathe, they were *yoda voice*.

So, once I decide what charging handle I’m gonna get, it’s off to the races. It will be suppressed with a SiCo Saker 762 on an ASR three prong FH Mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 12-24-17 at 11:41.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."