Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.5Creedmoor, to brake or not brake?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've run 6.5CM with both can & brake. I prefer running a can personally (TBAC Ultra 7)

In case you don't, make sure to run your magnification out. Don't zoom into the target at 25x, 15x works out to 1000, lower magnification makes it much easier to spot your own hits/misses. Helps to have a dusty background as well.

As a friend to spot for you as well initially until you find your sweet spot for magnification.

If you're not interested in getting a silencer, I'd definitely get a brake. Don't go cheap. Get one of the best brakes you can. Anything in the top 5, but skip any of the mediocre or lower end ones.

I've never known groups to open up with a brake or can. My groups are always smaller with a good brake over a bare muzzle.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Kind of a necro but what brakes does everyone like for their 6.5cm? I’ve been shooting my lrp without one and I’d like to be able to spot hits (and misses) a little better.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have an AAC can so the adapter is a very effective brake. The shorter double chamber is the best. Ive shot a light 300WM with that brake and no issues. Any decent brake should be good to go.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    If you want to reliably spot your own shots a good brake or can is a must.
    It helps, but not a must on a 6.5 CM.

I'd do it if I shot the gun a lot, and I didn't have to pay a fortune for the work... AND... if I didn't have to leave the gun at the smith for months on end.

Any of those criteria not met, and I'd forget about it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have an AAC can so the adapter is a very effective brake. The shorter double chamber is the best. Ive shot a light 300WM with that brake and no issues. Any decent brake should be good to go.

PB
    PM sent.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I read somewhere that a .30 cal brake is 85% as efficient on a 6.5.
    My experience would support this.

Feedback Score
    I'm running a 30 cal thunderbeast CB brake on my 6.5x47, and it seems to work great.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’m in a similar spot as the OP. If you do decide to brake, I’m interested in hearing which one you went with.
    Last edited by Achilles11B; 01-10-19 at 17:52.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Kind of a necro but what brakes does everyone like for their 6.5cm? I’ve been shooting my lrp without one and I’d like to be able to spot hits (and misses) a little better.
    APA Little Bastard
    Area 419 Hellfire
    Insight Heathen

Unless you get into suppressor mounted, those are the best on the market as of this date. I think Area 419 might have a TB compatible, but I'm not sure.

Never tried a Hellfire. APA LB is probably the best for recoil reduction but one of the worst for concussion (and debris) back to the shooter. Heathen is far more pleasant (for the shooter) but you still get 85-90% of the APA without the abuse.

Feedback Score
    I use a JP recoil eliminator on my 6.5. It keeps me flat to spot my hits.

Check this muzzle break evaluation: https://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/...-test-results/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast