Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 Noveske AR Build

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    Doc, you're like a conservative rifle preacher. But compelling.

You get ol' girl out to the range yet? I am itching to see the results. My .308 gas gun project is anxious to hear.
    You probably didn’t intend to this way, but when I read this it seems like your calling doc “old school”.....
    Or old something. LOL
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I'm getting antsy waiting to hear about the range report. I really want a complete n6 to shoot 3gun heavy and I want to see what the accuracy of n6's are like

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Need an update. I bought a complete 16" N6 and I am trying to determine how best to build a 12.5" Leonidas upper since Noveske doesn't sell just the upper (and won't answer my online requests asking if they plan on doing so in the future).

Feedback Score
    When is the range report coming

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Well after some time shooting it this is becoming one of my favorite rifles.

In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    This rifle has been great.

I made a few changes along the way:

UBR 2.0 added with an H1 buffer

Dead Air Sandman K

Forward Controls bolt catch and Magazine release

I also added a DBAL and a Surfire Vampire...... and a paint job.

I have found the best results woth 168 gr AMAX ammo. It also hates cheap Russian steel case ammo....... a lot.

Longest I have had it out to is 300 yards and I have gotten at least .5 MOA (when I am doing my part and not messing around).

I was supprised on how balanced it is. I have run many timed shooting drills and it handles great. Shooting an 8" gong at 100 yards is really not an issue form the standing for time.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Also wanted to add that this is a great platform for Nightvision.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    This rifle has been great.

I made a few changes along the way:

UBR 2.0 added with an H1 buffer

Dead Air Sandman K

Forward Controls bolt catch and Magazine release

I also added a DBAL and a Surfire Vampire...... and a paint job.

I have found the best results woth 168 gr AMAX ammo. It also hates cheap Russian steel case ammo....... a lot.

Longest I have had it out to is 300 yards and I have gotten at least .5 MOA (when I am doing my part and not messing around).

I was supprised on how balanced it is. I have run many timed shooting drills and it handles great. Shooting an 8" gong at 100 yards is really not an issue form the standing for time.
    WE, or at least I want updated pics.... oh wait I've seen it already. But I'm sure the fellas would like to see the latest changes. And thanks for posting here, you reminded me I need to write up my 308 build. Hopefully when I get off this flipping conference call I can pack up the 308 and that match ammo and hit the range...
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

I had to move some stuff around to get the PVS22 to fit. But it all works and it works great.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear it shoots well! My colt 901 loves 168 Amax. Every 308 I have shot loves 168 Amax, I finally got a Trijicon 1-8 to run on my colt 901 for heavy division I just need a mount and to pick up a different pump shotgun. I have winchester model 97’s model 12’s and Remington 870 turkey guns. Need a mossberg 500/590 or a benelli nova and modify it for heavy division. One day I want to get the noveske n6 for heavy division

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast