Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.62 Noveske AR Build

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I have one nitrided bolt carrier, and it's showing some wear on the rails and inside the gas cylinder after around 250 rounds fired. I presume the Noveske is chrome lined.

I think I'll personally stick with phosphated and chromed for now.
    That was my thoughts exactly. I am not 100% sold on this whole nitrate coating yet. Chrome lined has served me very well for many years and I have to see a huge difference before I switch.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I’ll measure mine when I get home, but I believe I asked Magpul about it and they told me that if I was using the 308 carbine buffer to be sure and use the spacer provided. If you used a mil spec carbine buffer then don’t use the spacer. Did you see something to the effect in the UBR Gen 2 box? I believe it’s there also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Gen 2 UBR does come with a plastic spacer. I'm using one now until I find an H2 A5 buffer in stock.

I put my other spacer into the 308's Gen 2 UBR (without spring), inserted a 308 carbine buffer, and followed that by the bolt carrier. It looks like it'll work correctly.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    This is why M4C is one of the only Forums that I am on. Good conversation and discussions about weapons.

I measured the 308 A5 RE and the 5.56 A5 RE... Same size but the 308 one is a little different is design. I was told that it was purely for aesthetics.

I called my fellow SME and asked for clarification. He not so polity told me that HE said to get an Armalite AR10 Carbine Buffer and not a DPMS pattern Carbine buffer...... in my defense there was some beer involved in that first discussion.

So, being the man that I am, I want to thank all of you for pointing that out. Just because we are SMEs does not mean that we are always 100% correct. Everyone was very polite and I appreciate it.

Update: I do not have a Armalite AR10 Carbine Buffer on hand so I just put a 5.56 H3 in it until mine comes in the mail. The reason for the Armalite AR10 Carbine Buffer is because it holds up better than the 5.56 H3 long term.

Thanks

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Doc, thanks for reaching out to your SME contacts and for updating us.
    This is supremely valuable intel IMO because there is a bit of cloud or fog surrounding the AR-10/LR308 build. So I really appreciate conversations like this so we can all learn something and be able to better pay it forward down the road.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    So OP, will the rifle gas make for a softer shooter? Or just for better function?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier15 View Post
    So OP, will the rifle gas make for a softer shooter? Or just for better function?
    I am hoping both.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One of the benefits of the A5 system with a 308 is the availability of a range of AR15 carbine buffers in case the H3 is too heavy for the 16" rifle length gas system.

I have an 18" rifle gassed 5.56 with A5 length RE, and it's smoooth.

Feedback Score
    Wow am I glad to see a thread about a Noveske 7.62 build! I decided to start building one around Labor Day and, since then, I haven’t been able to find hardly any information about them. Right now, I have everything I need except for the handguard. I decided to go with the Switchblock barrel and Noveske doesn’t have the matching handguard available for sale yet (I was told it should be available soon). Here’s the parts I went with:

Upper/lower: Noveske Gen III N6
    Stock: Magpul UBR Gen 1
    Buffer: Heavy Buffers CAR-10
    Buffer spring: Heavy Buffers .308
    Buffer retainer pin: Colt AR15A4
    Buffer retainer spring: Colt AR15A4
    Grip: Magpul MOE K2
    Grip screw lock washer: Colt AR15A4
    Trigger: Geissele High-Speed National Match
    Safety selector: Battle Arms Development BAD-CASS
    Magazine catch: Norcon Ambi-Catch
    Magazine catch button: Battle Arms Development BAD-EMR
    Magazine catch spring: Colt AR15A4
    Barrel: Noveske 7.62 16" Switchblock
    Bolt carrier group: Noveske 7.62
    Charging handle: Noveske Super Badass 7.62
    Handguard: Noveske NSR N6
    Sights: Dueck Defense RTS Fiber Optic
    Sling attachment: Noveske QD
    Muzzle device: Surefire SOCOM
    Magazine: Magpul PMAG

So far, I have the lower assembled but I haven’t done anything with the upper since I don’t have the handguard.

I believe Noveske’s receiver is made by Mega since it has an upper/lower fit tensioning screw that looks identical to the one that comes with a Maten receiver set.

As for the barrel and bolt carrier group, if you order them both at the same time from Noveske, they will headspace the BCG for you.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions about my build (it’s my first one), I’d love to hear them.

Looking forward to Docsherm’s range report!
    Last edited by Timberdoodle; 12-30-17 at 13:15.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I will be posting a range report real soon. I am hoping for Friday if the weather gets a little better.
    What happened to our decent weather for today Doc?

The wx forecast showed 50’s and partly cloudy for Friday up until yesterday. Talk about blind leading the blind. Wx forecasters...

Think me and my sore ribs are going to go shoot anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast