Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Any TRP 10mm Reviews

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Det-Sog, what ammo are you using?

Feedback Score
    I'm not reloading (yet) so I've been using Factory Sellier and Bellot 180gr or Factory Sig Sauer 180gr. I've had no hiccups since she came back from SA. Not one malfunction.

How does your weapon feel when it's locked up in battery? Mine is as tight as a drum. This TRP operator "feels" like it's a custom fitted bushing. The entire action is tight. There is NO noticeable play anywhere in mine at all. Zero. In fact, I believe mine was milled a little too tight upon production which was causing the initial stoppages. Imho, SA has the best customer service around. If you're not happy, send it in AGAIN. Yes, this sucks but they will find out what's wrong and fix it. You should have a competition grade gun here.

I've learned that 1911's are a different animal. Unlike a new out of the box Glock or a Sig, sometimes they need a little TLC. A certain amount of patience is needed. As I'm not a patient guy, this has been a learning experience for me. Since this isn't a carry gun though, I've adopted it as a project and LOVE IT now that it's running like a Swiss watch.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with Det-Sog's assessment of the 1911 generally. I've been shooting and reloading for 1911 for 40 years. In general, the tighter the action, the more finicky they are and/or the more break in they need.

I'm using the same factory ammo, Sig 180 grain FMJ, which is definitely NOT FBI-lite loading. It speaks with authority. Sig claims 1,250 fps for it, and though I haven't chronoed it, I believe it.

I sent Sprg. customer service an email last night. Maybe they'll take it back and try to make it shoot properly. They cured the feeding problem, now they can work on the abysmal accuracy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sprg. is sending it back to me. They basically washed their hands on the accuracy issue. In a phone call they implied that it was shooter error. That's certainly a possibility, but it doesn't explain why at the same distance I shoot vastly smaller groups with my Smith 629. And why I shoot much better with a 1911 in .45. So maybe I'm stuck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I agree with Det-Sog's assessment of the 1911 generally. I've been shooting and reloading for 1911 for 40 years. In general, the tighter the action, the more finicky they are and/or the more break in they need.

I'm using the same factory ammo, Sig 180 grain FMJ, which is definitely NOT FBI-lite loading. It speaks with authority. Sig claims 1,250 fps for it, and though I haven't chronoed it, I believe it.

I sent Sprg. customer service an email last night. Maybe they'll take it back and try to make it shoot properly. They cured the feeding problem, now they can work on the abysmal accuracy.
    Hmmm.......then my Wilson Combat should be a jammomatic?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Hmmm.......then my Wilson Combat should be a jammomatic?
    Who knows? Sprg. fixed the reliability problem. Took her out to the range today. Accuracy still poor. Ammo was

RP 180 grain FMJ
    Sig 180 grain FMJ
    180 grain hardcast over 13.0 grains AA9.

I cannot recommend that anybody buy the TRP 10mm 1911 based on my experience. It's still fun to shoot, but it won't hit anything. $1800 poorer but wiser.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567