Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Any TRP 10mm Reviews

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Please don’t tell me to get a glock 20. I have little girl hands.
    I dont have large hands either but i had some custom work done by D.R. Middlebrooks he does stippled texturing he calls "stiptex" (go figure) he also removed the finger grooves and flattens the the hump a little on the back of the grip. The feel of my g20 is night and day. The texturing and reduction in frame size makes it feel like a totally different gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    The other gun I took out was my Springfield 1911 in .45 ACP. My 230 grain LRN loads feel like cream-puffs after shooting the Ten.

I think it's fixed.
    Glad they hooked you up like they did with mine.

Yeah... This TRP 10mm just might kick as much as my S&W 629 with full House .44 mags.... Maybe. It’s close. It’s not a range gun. That’s for sure.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Glad they hooked you up like they did with mine.

Yeah... This TRP 10mm just might kick as much as my S&W 629 with full House .44 mags.... Maybe. It’s close. It’s not a range gun. That’s for sure.

You think so? When USPS finds my new loading press, and I load up some stompers for my new Smith 686, I'll see. I have fired full house 240's from a Smith 29, a long time ago, and I recall that it kicked a lot harder than my TRP. Energy on top 10mm loads is about the same, maybe a smidgen more, than top .357 loads. Some folks think 10mm is a semi-auto .41 mag, but it's really not.

And for me, it is a range gun . . . . just not one to shoot 200 rounds at a time through. I loaded up some light AA5 loads, just a bit stronger than FBI Lite spec. Not at all unpleasant to shoot, but then, that's not a real 10mm.

Feedback Score

Any TRP 10mm Reviews

^^^ Could be right. I was shooting full power Sig 10mm ammo though. Let’s just say that I didn’t have to ice my wrist after shooting 75 rounds of .44 Mag out of my 629. I did need to ice after shooting 75 10mm rounds. It’s FUN, but I’ll just practice with 25 or so at a time going forward. This thing isn’t an EDC gun so that should make me proficient with it as a woods gun.

I’m getting older too. I’m sure that doesn’t help either.

Edited. Once I get my reloader set up, I can load up some girly-girl rounds for the range. I’ll keep the Underwood for the woods.
    Last edited by Det-Sog; 07-16-18 at 23:00.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interesting; I started out when I first got the gun with the Sig 180 grain factory loads. Published data was 1,250. I think I come pretty close with 13.0 of AA9. I haven't chronoed yet, but the kick feels the same and they shoot to the same point of aim. You'll know you ain't shooting a .45.

You could load up some light loads with the same bullet. Try around 8 grains of AA5. I found this to be an easy shooting load that wasn't much more boogie than a .40.

Feedback Score
    Talked to a Springfield Rep at Triggercon Industry Day. Basically said a bunch of them were also trying to get the MRO equipped pistol to come with a railed frame but were told to pipe down. Sort of a bummer.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Is SACS still operating in limited capacity? Or are they back up to speed?

Im as big as Springfield fanboy as they came but ever since their custom shop limited their menu a while back, I've somewhat lost interest in their new offerings.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 View Post
    Is SACS still operating in limited capacity? Or are they back up to speed?

Im as big as Springfield fanboy as they came but ever since their custom shop limited their menu a while back, I've somewhat lost interest in their new offerings.
    I called the Custom Shop. Simple question: can you take a production MRO slide and put it on a production TRP railed frame? Seems pretty straight forward. I was told "no".

D
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Having shot mine several times, with factory ammo and several kinds of handloads, I can say I'm disappointed in accuracy. Seven yard targets look like buckshot patterns. Maybe this is as accurate as a 1911 without a fitted barrel bushing can get. Max published loads are less accurate than if I take a half-grain of powder off.

Feedback Score
    ^^^ Sorry to hear that. That does not sound right. Mine will make one big ragged hole at 15 yds. I'd send it back in to SA. I'd bet that they hook you up. Like i said, since mine came back it shoots like a custom shop version that costs 1000k more.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast