Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armor carrier. Ditch or maybe fix my JPC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBearMedic View Post
    The First Spear tubes retrofit cummerbund is very nice as well, as far as a non-velcro, releasable c-bun goes.
    I was thinking the same thing. The First Spear retro fit cummerbund and your APC could be a pretty awesome setup.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    You said this is an active shooter rig, but what are you thinking of carrying on it? I am assuming you'll have your duty belt on so what, maybe 3 mags and some flex cuffs? You may want to check out a Ferro Concepts Slickster. I know you said no velcro due to speed but the cummerbund has room for mags/radios/med supplies so you could have it pre loaded. Something along the lines of 3 ar mags on one side, an israli bandage, tourniquet, and spot for a radio on the other. This will leave your front completely slick if needed to prone out or squeze through something on a foot pursuit. It would also be easy to don and doff. You could then carry a placard or chest rig in the trunk to plus up/be more comfortable for longer call outs. Think barricaded suspect once the imediate threat of active shooter has ended but you need to pull outer/backside cordon. Throw the placard on with 2 clips and transfer/empty your cummerbund. If interested PM me and I'll send you a few pics of what I mean.

If that doesn't work for you, I'd echo the comments of the STT from SKD or the First On from First Spear. If I remember, they have a decent LEO discount. I dislike how the mags are on the First On but if the price is right, you could make it work.

I am not a huge fan of the GGG/Tac Tailor minimalist PC. I don't feel that the single strap on the side works as well as a true cumerbund (my personal experiance with one). But, DSG was just running a sale on wolf grey for about $70. BFG has wolf grey tripple ten speed pouches for about $16 on closeout so that gives you a decent option under $100. (A buddy just went that route as the price worked for his budget)
    Last edited by Retarius; 01-15-18 at 19:50. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12