Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster that will work with several weapons (although maybe not intended)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Holster that will work with several weapons (although maybe not intended)

Is there a particular safariland, bladetech, or another maker's holster that'll fit just about most handguns?

Is the safariland duty glock 17 holster pretty much a "gun bucket" for handguns? I have a few handguns but don't really want to purchase a holster for each one.

I'm thinking the safariland 7ts with als since it has an active retention, it should hold a wide variety of handguns. Thoughts?

User from another forum confirmed the following information: "I have one for a glock 34. It will fit the following pistols: glock 26(loose but locks on place), glock 19, m&p 9, and 91fs. I haven’t tried other pistols. I have the 6395 meant for a glock 34 with an M3 light"

He also stated "Yep. The one i have is for the glock 34 /w a M3 light.

It will fit any of the handguns i listed w/o a flashlight. Also, if you guys the one with the M3 light attachment it'll fit surefires and streamlights.

Holstering a firearm with no light won't be as smooth, but it'll retain them just fine.

As far as I know, this only works with this type of safariland holster:"
    Last edited by Bodhi; 12-28-17 at 18:17.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Kydex, No.

Feedback Score
    If you get into the universal holster racket you're going to be very disappointed with the fit and retention no matter what gun you're trying to use it with.

The only real answer would be to put new Surefire lights on all your guns and buy their Masterfire system. That gets very expensive very fast, though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is the Blackhawk Omnivore... but requires a rail. Clips ok with either a TLR-1/TLR-2, X300, or a clip that allows the pistol to be locked in (three different holsters for those).

They list a bunch of handguns that fit in their holsters, but it isn’t a complete list. My TLR-1 holster fits a PX4 (with the Glock key), and it isn’t listed by Blackhawk. But my SP01 is too tall for it. It isn’t as bulky as it looks, but it is similar to the Serpa in regards to carry position (uses its mounting system).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    If you get into the universal holster racket you're going to be very disappointed with the fit and retention no matter what gun you're trying to use it with.

The only real answer would be to put new Surefire lights on all your guns and buy their Masterfire system. That gets very expensive very fast, though.
    The official answer from safariland is that they don't have any cross compatible 7ts holsters.

They did recommend the GLS pro fit holster

As for the omnivore, I don't like how you need to put that thing on the rail of each gun.

I guess I'm asking for too much.

Maybe I should get a safariland 63xx series with als and hope for the best.
    Last edited by Bodhi; 12-28-17 at 07:38.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Last edited by 1168; 12-28-17 at 19:35. Reason: Add

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

@Bodhi

The lbtmasgreyseacityfundgroup LBT MAS grey mk24 laser suppressor holster works pretty good for me. I even have one with drop cut off to slide over belt high ride.

HK USP Copmpacts, HK45CT, 9mm SIG226R (with CT laser grips) . 9mm SIG226X5 Short (with CT laser grips), Glocks 19 etc

SL told me they would not make a holster for my models. While there can really be no one universal holster that does it all. The LBT one worked out just fine for my recreational shtf use. Keep in mind using the wrong model holster can be very dangerous and not recommended, it is a personal decision.
    Last edited by desert; 10-23-22 at 03:29. Reason: edit SF to SL

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Updated top post with good info. Looks like a glock safariland holster will hold and retain a number of other handguns.

Feedback Score
    For something that will fit a variety of handguns, what about something like a Bianchi M12 military type holster?

If I remember correctly, there's a thumb break available, if the flap isn't workable for you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Hard sided, you could check with the Safariland GLS series.

For nylon, there's the TT Modular and HSGI Ambidextrous Nylon. They are workable, but not ideal.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast