Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ruger Adds Another 1911 to the Line

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I've been fighting the urge to buy one of these. Has anyone given this pistol a good beating? I'm interested to learn how it holds up. Looks like a very nice weapon
    I carried mine pretty regularly when it was new. Still do from time to time.

Not a "good beating" but I have shot it enough with JHP and ball to believe it to be reliable. Have had no issues with it at all that I can remember. Have used it pretty much exclusively with Wilson mags.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I carried mine pretty regularly when it was new. Still do from time to time.

Not a "good beating" but I have shot it enough with JHP and ball to believe it to be reliable. Have had no issues with it at all that I can remember. Have used it pretty much exclusively with Wilson mags.

Good info. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I am a big 1911 fan and wouldn't mind adding one more to the collection. a few more reviews on this and i might just pick one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    I am a big 1911 fan and wouldn't mind adding one more to the collection. a few more reviews on this and i might just pick one.
    They should be about as good as anything else especially in the price range. Probably the only things to add, outside of good mags, would be night sights and something like a Harrison or C&S ignition set.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Probably the only things to add [...] something like a Harrison or C&S ignition set.
    +1 to C&S FCS sets like this one, which gives a 3.5-4 lb trigger. I've installed these on 2 pistols and they dropped in without additional fitting, they've been 100% reliable.

Feedback Score
    I don’t understand how these kits, even though they’re fitted to each other (presumably on a jig) can guarantee 3.5 lbs. when there is enough tolerance stacking and variance, even on the Ruger, to affect this number?

+1 on the Ruger 1911’s; I have one of the first and it’s been totally reliable with good mags and decent (or indecent) loads. It’s not as precise a tool as my Ed Brown or Nighthawk, but it’s not off by much.

Feedback Score
    I wish Ruger would make a commander 1911 in 10mm.
    Dan Wesson has been making them so it is not impossible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I wish Ruger would make a commander 1911 in 10mm.
    Dan Wesson has been making them so it is not impossible.
    I assume it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Maybe a 10mm Officer as well?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally I think a Ruger commander on an officer frame chambered in 9mm (or maybe 10mm or even 45) might be a neat gun.

Ideally they'd do a Clapp version with maybe some tritium sights, machined ignition parts and some VZ grips.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234