Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Adds Another 1911 to the Line

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ruger Adds Another 1911 to the Line

Ruger is now making a 9mm Officer. The gun is available now but for some reason isn't shown on the Ruger website. Catalog number is 6758.

The new gun is a true officer size with a 3.5in barrel. It is bushingless and has a coned barrel with reverse plug. It uses a flat wire recoil spring.

Frame is made from aluminum alloy and the gun weighs right at a pound and a half with no mag.

Sights are three dot painted and the rear sight is marked as being made by Novak.

I suppose this gun will be overshadowed by the launch of the new PCC and the Security 9. Maybe that's why there is nothing on the website.

Anyway, here's a pic. I have a few rounds through the gun and will hopefully have more this coming week.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go Ruger!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    Go Ruger!
    Pretty crazy that Ruger's 1911 line seems to do so well. I guess they've found a good combination of price vs features.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks nice, Rugers got some nice 1911 stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Pretty crazy that Ruger's 1911 line seems to do so well.

Nothing crazy about it. They offer a solid 1911 for a good price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    Nothing crazy about it. They offer a solid 1911 for a good price.
    I meant crazy as a good thing.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like the bushingless barrel and the slide cuts in the front, also like that the plunger tube is part of the frame and not riveted on.

Ed

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For a 1911 neophyte, are the Ruger's decent?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    For a 1911 neophyte, are the Ruger's decent?
    Yeah they are.

Ruger has been making the frame castings for Caspian for years. It was only logical for Ruger to branch out into a line of complete pistols.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wonder if they make frames for other manufacturers too?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast