Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg's QC and customer service have hit a new low

Feedback Score

Mossberg's QC and customer service have hit a new low

On December 29th I purchased a 590A1 I'd been saving up for. I was very happy with it until I got home and started disassembling it. When I loosened the magazine tube cap, I noticed it didn't click as I was backing the cap off. When I got the cap off, I noticed the pin that engages the slots on the bottom of the magazine cap was never installed... The spring was in the hole, but no pin.

I tried to call them, but they were out of the office until January 3rd. I went online and saw the shipping procedures for warranty repair, so I shipped the barrel back when the Post Office opened.

Last night after work I called their customer service number to ask about reimbursement for shipping costs, since the gun was factory new and incomplete. Their operators were busy, so I entered my number and asked for a return call. They never called back. So, today after work, I called back and the operator informed me they don't reimburse customers for shipping costs for warranty repairs, even on new firearms, at which point I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told all supervisors had gone home for the day but I could leave a number and the supervisor would call back tomorrow.

How did they allow an obvious omission from the manufacturing process to ship out of the factory????? How can they force a consumer to pay shipping charges to ship an incomplete barrel back to them that they failed to complete during initial manufacturing???

This is the worst customer service I've ever encountered from any firearms manufacturer to date... Unacceptable!!!
    Last edited by goodoleboy; 01-04-18 at 17:24.
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my AR.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    They can do anything they want to do and force you to pound sand. You are only a piss ant to them. Just return the whole gun to the dealer for a full refund and buy something from a manufacturer that gives a crap. Be prepared to pay 2 or 3 times what you paid for the 590. It's not like Mossberg builds a top shelf firearm.
    Last edited by GH41; 01-05-18 at 07:46.

Feedback Score
    I have a 590 and have no idea what pin you're referring to.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I believe the plunger that goes in here:

Attachment 49805

Remington barrels in this example.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sounds like the detent the cap ratchets against.

Should have been installed and may have been. People make mistakes and things break.

Feedback Score
    Gotcha.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Yes, that's the one. The spring was installed in the ring, bur nothing to keep the magazine cap from loosening while firing.
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my AR.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Contact the BBB OP?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Things hapoen. I'm sure they'll fix it. I wouldn't expect them to reimburse you for shipping. If you had a return authorization you likely would have been given a shipping label. Do you have an update?
    Last edited by usmcvet; 01-17-18 at 19:23.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast