Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mossberg's QC and customer service have hit a new low

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Return it. Replace it with a benelli super nova of the flavor of your choice. I love mine. It's as well built as my m1014s. Same quality, different design is all. Also benelli cs is absolute tits.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I saw the same issue on guns at the store in 590 trim, btw. Junk.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This thread reminded me that a few weeks ago my sling swivel/mount that is built into the stock of my $270 Academy Sports 500 broke. It's molded into the stock itself. I tried calling back when it happened, but received the same message. Today I called back again and spoke with Jim. I explained my situation and without any hesitation at all he took down my contact information and will be shipping me a new buttstock, at no charge.

I vaguely described this thread and his comment was, "Generally, those people who are dissatisfied are asking the wrong questions." I'm not sure what you're approach was- I generally always try to call before showing up or sending something somewhere. I also always say, "I'm a little disappointed, but love this product- what are my options to get this fixed?"
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    This thread reminded me that a few weeks ago my sling swivel/mount that is built into the stock of my $270 Academy Sports 500 broke. It's molded into the stock itself. I tried calling back when it happened, but received the same message. Today I called back again and spoke with Jim. I explained my situation and without any hesitation at all he took down my contact information and will be shipping me a new buttstock, at no charge.

I vaguely described this thread and his comment was, "Generally, those people who are dissatisfied are asking the wrong questions." I'm not sure what you're approach was- I generally always try to call before showing up or sending something somewhere. I also always say, "I'm a little disappointed, but love this product- what are my options to get this fixed?"
    Sometimes. Sometimes not.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Sometimes. Sometimes not.
    Can you elaborate?
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Can you elaborate?
    Too long/too much info:

Some CS you can approach politely and the issue is resolved.
    Some CS refuses to honor the customer by making excuses for shoddy product, and you have to argue about it.
    Some CS refuses to honor the customer by blaming the customer, at which point I have created videos/gone to the forums/harmed reputations via transparent description/video/etc. of the issues at hand, until they are resolved or an attorney contacts me (at which point I weigh the value of continuing).

I have only failed to attain resolution 1 time with a firearm, and that is with Les Baer, and because I did not pursue it, I just sold it cheap and moved on.

I have always started out talking to CS as though they were a friend who's such and such I borrowed, and it broke while in my care. Polite, respectful, and very thankful for them listening to what's gone wrong. Most of the time they value this, and it shows.
    Last edited by WS6; 01-18-18 at 14:08.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I will trash Savage all day long due to the sh*t CS they provided me when I got a barrel that had a bore off center axis.

I was polite, persistent, and they just strung me along for almost a year. Crappy CS is crappy CS.

---

Maybe a Maverick 88? Lower line, cheaper, "same gun"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12