Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swapping calibers in M&Ps

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    anyway, I want to start shooting this gun in matches again so my question - do you know of something having to do with different, or possibly wonky extractors in the earlier models or calibers?
    No, the gun was designed from day one to be as compatible with the barrel swap as possible. I'd be more inclined to think you've got a hinky barrel than a wonky extractor. Do you have access to someone else's P229 40? Ask if he'd let you put 100 rounds through it (installed in your gun, obviously). See if that works. If so, you need to replace your barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinD View Post
    You're right of course. But I want the 357. It's better. . . . or not . . . but I THINK it is.
    First, I take responsibility because I'm the first one who brought the caliber "debate" into this thread.

Second, if we want to discuss the relative merits of 9mm vs. 40 vs. 357, let's begin a new and separate thread in the ammo & reloading section.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    First, I take responsibility because I'm the first one who brought the caliber "debate" into this thread.

Second, if we want to discuss the relative merits of 9mm vs. 40 vs. 357, let's begin a new and separate thread in the ammo & reloading section.
    Okay, see the new thread "357SIG REDUX" (from Barrel Swap)

Todd: would you be able to move my post and ra2bach's post to begin it, or should I start it from scratch? Thanks Mister Big Shot.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    No, the gun was designed from day one to be as compatible with the barrel swap as possible. I'd be more inclined to think you've got a hinky barrel than a wonky extractor. Do you have access to someone else's P229 40? Ask if he'd let you put 100 rounds through it (installed in your gun, obviously). See if that works. If so, you need to replace your barrel.
    gaaaah, I was hoping you wouldn't say that...

ToddG Guest
    DD -- Just start a new thread at your leisure.

RT -- Sorry, brother. I could be wrong and I have seen extractor-related issues with other brand 357's (the Stoeger nee Beretta Cougar comes to mind) but not with a SIG-Sauer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12