Thread: Larue APEG grip question

Feedback Score

Larue APEG grip question

Like an eeediot I ordered 3 AR10 ones, when I only needed one and was going to swap out two other 5.56 grips with it. They were on sale for like $9 so when I was checking out I didn't think to differentiate between the two models.

The $64,000 question: since the cost of shipping two back would come close to outweighing what I paid in the first place, it's "cheaper to keep her". What mods would have to be done to accommodate that grip for a 5.56 lower? Asking for a friend......
    Last edited by ABNAK; 04-23-20 at 17:21.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Stick it on the lower and remove everything that keeps it from fitting. From the grip, that is. Dr. Dremel is your friend.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Stick it on the lower and remove everything that keeps it from fitting. From the grip, that is. Dr. Dremel is your friend.
    For sure!!!

My buddy has a milling machine......turn the bit slow enough to not melt the polymer. I think he'd say "Fvck it, use the Dremel" as opposed to setting up the milling machine though.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I modified several pistol grips to improve fit and used hand files, emery cloth and a Dremel.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I modified several pistol grips to improve fit and used hand files, emery cloth and a Dremel.
    ^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^ A set of precision files, and some heat from a heat gun go a long way toward making your plastic mods look nice.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I wouldn't go through much trouble to save 18 bucks.