Page 37 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele URG-I up for pre-order

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Press Check View Post
    Why were you predicting 3 minutes at 50 yards?
    I was expecting myself to be able shoot 3MOA at 100yds with a non-magnified red dot/holographic sight, astigmatism, and a shitty attitude. If I ended up shooting tighter groups, given the circumstances, I'll be impressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF?Shane View Post
    I was expecting myself to be able shoot 3MOA at 100yds with a non-magnified red dot/holographic sight, astigmatism, and a shitty attitude. If I ended up shooting tighter groups, given the circumstances, I'll be impressed.
    Ah, gotcha. I was gonna say the DD is a very capable barrel. I shot under a minute at 50y, then shot about a minute and a half at 100y with an ACOG (crosshair reticle), and the rifle rested on a bag.

3 minutes with a holographic sight at 100y is great.
    Last edited by Press Check; 08-12-18 at 00:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I tried out some left over MK262 ammo today. Maybe I wasn't shooting my best today with the URGI, but it didn't group as good as I thought it would.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I tried out some left over MK262 ammo today. Maybe I wasn't shooting my best today with the URGI, but it didn't group as good as I thought it would.
    I'm always disappointed when an upper won't shoot well with mk262 (Black Hills or CBC Magtech/clone). How many rounds do you have down the tube? I usually shoot 100-to-150 rounds of miscellaneous ball (193, etc.) through any barrel before trying mk262. I've had a number of barrels where accuracy improved markedly once they were 'coppered-up' a bit. YMMV.

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I'm always disappointed when an upper won't shoot well with mk262 (Black Hills or CBC Magtech/clone). How many rounds do you have down the tube? I usually shoot 100-to-150 rounds of miscellaneous ball (193, etc.) through any barrel before trying mk262. I've had a number of barrels where accuracy improved markedly once they were 'coppered-up' a bit. YMMV.

-Rainman
    Probably have 105-110rds fired. I have to buy some more, but I'll try it again later.

Also, someone asked (on TOS) about ejection patterns. I used the supplied Super 42 spring, but changed to H2 buffer. It didn't seem to change the ejection pattern, but what I noticed was:

M193 and MK262- 4 o'clock ejection
    M855- 2 o'clock position

Feedback Score
    Try a decent quality magnified optic, there’s a reason most guys who shoot precision rifles use magnification. Plus if you have astigmatism the magnified optic will help you out a lot in cleaning up your sight picture.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't be disappointed shooting 3moa with a 2moa dot without mag. that's pretty good imho.

Surely with a nice 4 or 6 power optic those 3moa groups turn into sub moa with some concentration and the right load.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’ve got a bipod, rear bag, and 1-4 LPVO laying around if you want to use it to group with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, the stripped, complete, and Colt clone correct versions are all 10% off (use code NDX) with free shipping here.

The Colt clone correct ones are pre-order only but the code still applies. If the code isn't working (some have reported this) then just enter it on the last page of checkout where the payment info is and it should work. It's good for another 3-5 hours

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    FWIW, the stripped, complete, and Colt clone correct versions are all 10% off (use code NDX) with free shipping here.

The Colt clone correct ones are pre-order only but the code still applies. If the code isn't working (some have reported this) then just enter it on the last page of checkout where the payment info is and it should work. It's good for another 3-5 hours
    I hope you were given one to do a full review on. They still seem a little over priced to me, that's damn near an SR-15 Mod 2. If the stripped was in the $750 range I'd already have one.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 37 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast