Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next AR....BCM 14.5" or "Other"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Next AR....BCM 14.5" or "Other"

I am looking to possibly pick up a 2nd AR in the near future. Currently I have a DD, which has since been modified with a new BCM KMR rail, and LW barrel cut down to 14.5" with the BCM comp pinned on it to bring it 16". Eyeing a 2nd AR platform weapon, primarily since 2 is 1, and 1 is none.

I also need to add that I am in NJ, so anything that is a "rifle" must be NJ compliant. Which means the above weapon I have has the stock pinned in position.

For a second setup, I am leaning towards having an MLok rail.

I am eyeing this BCM model.
    https://www.gandrtactical.com/BCM-MK...OK_p_1411.html
    I would have to have my FFL pin the stock. Obviously a solid model, but would it be too similar to what I have now?

The other option I am considering is an "Other" firearm. In NJ, we have limited options, such as Troy, LWRC. A NJ company called Modern Materiel also produces NJ compliant weapons, and from what I hear, they make a solid product. I am considering this one, which is completely NJ legal without having to do any modifications (flash hider, collapsible brace allowed)...
    https://modernmateriel.com/product/modmat-wartime-sbf/

This "Other" add some diversity to what I have now and be a fun one to have. Probably good for home defense due to the more compact size. However, it doesn't have the track record that BCM seems to enjoy.

Any suggestions as to which one I should go for? Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Centurion Arms.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Centurion Arms.
    What he said.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    What he said.
    He did say the magic words....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Followed this thought process and ordered a 12.5 from Centurion Arms yesterday. +1 for that suggestion

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I need to make sure the CA is NJ legal

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I need to make sure the CA is NJ legal
    Call Centurion. They will build it compliant for you. Sons of lIberty probably could too, but might be a longer lead time

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'd pare it down to the 5 or so manufacturers that make the best rifles you can afford. Then by who is taking orders at the moment. Then by most accurate within its class. So...Centurion Arms is a great choice.

Feedback Score
    Sionics probably could make anything you want too

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Now that they are taking orders again, I'd lean towards Sionics. I emailed them over the weekend, they emailed me back Monday, and we spoke on the phone Monday afternoon. I'm looking forward to a FSB build they are setting up for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast