Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele URG-I up for pre-order

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beschatten View Post
    Can I get sources on why? Really curious why they are sticking with this profile while the entire civilian market is moving towards the LW tapered profile.
    I'm guessing the requirements for full-auto fire are a bit different? Not really sure, as I thought the gas tube was the weakest link.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 01-06-18 at 12:17. Reason: Grammer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dramabeats View Post
    He said they had to buy a new machine to make them, that could be why they're a little more pricey.
    Pretty sure he was talking about the HK CSASS rail there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I'm guessing the requirements for full-auto fire are a bit different? Not really sure, as I thought the gas tube was the weakest link.

Well I'm stumped there as well. The SOCOM profile makes more sense for FA. Oh well.

I was really hoping to pick this upper up as I've been a huge Geissele fan, but I think building my own with a recently purchased MK14 13" or getting a Sionics stripped upper with a LW contour barrel is the way to go for me. It's just too similar to my 6920 OEM with MK14.

With all that said, I'll probably be looking immediately to buy the JG06 rifle this 2018 summer.
    Last edited by beschatten; 01-06-18 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The fact that they're not selling the rail by itself is retarded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    The fact that they're not selling the rail by itself is retarded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Perhaps just stockpiling them for the big contract. Then they can share. A man can hope, anyway.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can get a KAC upper for the same price. I have a ton of Geissele gear, and think very highly of it, but the value in this complete upper isn't there.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    It will be interesting though to see if big army takes the old DD RIS and gives them to 101st and 82nd. 82nd was trying to get DD rails but it got shot down because they didn't have enough 91f's to swap rails and didn't feel comfortable training unit armorers to install the RIS rails

Wut are you talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Rb View Post
    You can get a KAC upper for the same price. I have a ton of Geissele gear, and think very highly of it, but the value in this complete upper isn't there.
    I thought KAC uppers were like $1600-ish. Point me to a $1300 KAC upper and I'll take it!

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Can I get sources on why? Really curious why they are sticking with this profile while the entire civilian market is moving towards the LW tapered profile.
    Maybe they feel a Gov't profile would be better when using a suppressor. But then, why not also incorporate some foolproof adjustable gas block, etc. It will be interesting to see how much more life the new bolts made out of carpenter 158 *plus* steel will have. Bill said Daniel Defense won the barrel portion of the contract and they were using their own special barrel steel ? He also mentioned that the barrel nut on the Mk16 rail is 2.500" inches long (if that is correct), their other rail uses a 2.250" inch long barrel nut. I see one of the most rigid and nice looking rails out there that is not to heavy and that they *maybe* using some type of upgraded barrel steel similar to the steel used in Hodge Defense barrels, other than that its just another good AR15 complete barreled upper receiver. The Geissele MK14 rail uses 6061-T6 Aluminum, the Geissle HK rail uses the upgraded 7075-T6 aluminum, I have not heard what the grade alloy the MK 16 rail will have.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-06-18 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    Well I'm stumped there as well. The SOCOM profile makes more sense for FA. Oh well.

I was really hoping to pick this upper up as I've been a huge Geissele fan, but I think building my own with a recently purchased MK14 13" or getting a Sionics stripped upper with a LW contour barrel is the way to go for me. It's just too similar to my 6920 OEM with MK14.

With all that said, I'll probably be looking immediately to buy the JG06 7.62 or 6.5 rifle this 2018 summer.
    They're actually going to be releasing that?

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast