Page 27 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele URG-I up for pre-order

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sorry if it's been mentioned: What's the GP diameter on the 10.3"?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Hasn’t been mentioned here, I haven’t seen it on TOS either. Very few details about that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Bill said it would be a DD barrel, so if it is a current barrel, it would be a .070 GP. and the rail is 9.3" long, not 9.5" like the MK14.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Does anybody know why the shorty handguard is going to be... Well, shorter?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Does anybody know why the shorty handguard is going to be... Well, shorter?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Just spitballing here, but I'd guess it's to allow easier access to the QD ratchet/locking system on the silencers used on Mk18s, especially when wearing gloves (and especially heavy gloves).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Can someone PM me the link? The only thread I can find is the picture thread. I hate that site.

ETA - guess that was the right thread, I just didn't go back far enough. So far it looks like there is one guy who thought he had more problems than he did, and so much bitching about "clone correct" that I kind of want to shoot myself in the ****ing face. People are disappointed that it comes with a better gas block, that's just stupid. I'm intrigued by the discussion about their BCG that will be coming out soonish. I think Bill said after the complete uppers ship which is supposed to be in a month or so.
    TOS usually has "that one guy" who knows everything, and bitches about gnats.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    Regarding the Geissele BCG: anyone have a link to an overview of it? Is this nano-technology coating similar to, say, the Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Regarding the Geissele BCG: anyone have a link to an overview of it? Is this nano-technology coating similar to, say, the Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black?
    I haven’t seen anything written on the BCG aside from Bill’s mentioning of it existing. However, the nano coating is a technology they released at the 17 shot show I think, and there’s a decent portion of Bill’s shot show release video dedicated to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I got my stripped upper in. I was looking forward to this after my first AR purchase didn't work out. The URGI is quality, but now that I have it in hand I'm not sure a 14.5" rifle makes sense for me. I haven't settled on a muzzle device, it's too awkward to run as a pistol, and I'm not sure if SBR'ing is worth it. The MK16 rail is pretty great, but I think the MK14 maybe more comfortable.

I tried running a search, but I wasn't able to find good keywords. What is the importance of the 45 degree rail sections?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.U.S. View Post
    I got my stripped upper in. I was looking forward to this after my first AR purchase didn't work out. The URGI is quality, but now that I have it in hand I'm not sure a 14.5" rifle makes sense for me. I haven't settled on a muzzle device, it's too awkward to run as a pistol, and I'm not sure if SBR'ing is worth it. The MK16 rail is pretty great, but I think the MK14 maybe more comfortable.

I tried running a search, but I wasn't able to find good keywords. What is the importance of the 45 degree rail sections?
    More options to mount stuff, usually lights. Though there are plenty of offset light mounts so while I like to have them, I never actually use them. I wouldn't SBR it, just find an MD you like and get it pinned. Pistol/SBR option is coming in the future from Geissele.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 27 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast