Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele URG-I up for pre-order

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    These uppers run awesome, having shot one its just a well put together midlength upper. However,rumor has it that Geissele bought an un-named cold hammer forge and will be putting out full guns sometime after shot show and will no longer have to partner with DD to provide barrels. Very excited to give Bill more of my money.
    Last edited by Furbyballer; 11-12-18 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    These uppers run awesome, having shot one its just a well put together midlength upper. However,rumor has it that Geissele bought an un-named cold hammer forge and will be putting out full guns sometime after shot show and will no longer have to partner with DD to provide barrels. Very excited to give Bill more of my money.
    That is exciting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hile View Post
    As to the suppressor question, so far mine has only run suppressed. So far, with a SOCOM-RC2. However, since it's a 14.5" barrel, it'll likely get a mini RC2, leave the full size for the 416.
    That’s what I was thinking, but I’m somewhat reluctant to get the mini can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have a sandman-k that I use on a 13.7" upper and is by far my favorite set-up, even more so than an 11.5 with a full sized can. The K cans (whether the KAC CQB, Surefire Mini, Sandman K, etc.) really work well on a 12.5 and longer barrel, while not making it feel like you have a heavy suppressor on the end of the gun. If I was only buying a single rifle can, I would probably get a full sized one, but the K was the second tax stamp I got back after the S, and I have been very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I have not heard that rumor. Could be. That would surprise me, however, as there are a number of great barrel makers, and they are getting better, and a CHF is not a small investment, and the DD barrels in the URGi are spec'd by the Army and Navy buyers, and I would imagine that will not change, or at least not easily. I would guess that a BCG would be more in the roadmap before a barrel, but that is just my thought. No doubt that Geissele will be manufacturing full rifles, and Bill has said he does not like being dependent upon others for parts, but a barrel would be a major play. I am not sure how well that has worked out for LaRue... Then again, there is keeping up with the LaRue's.
    Last edited by longshot2000; 11-13-18 at 23:02.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    I have not heard that rumor. Could be. That would surprise me, however, as there are a number of great barrel makers, and they are getting better, and a CHF is not a small investment, and the DD barrels in the URGi are spec'd by the Army and Navy buyers, and I would imagine that will not change, or at least not easily. I would guess that a BCG would be more in the roadmap before a barrel, but that is just my thought. No doubt that Geissele will be manufacturing full rifles, and Bill has said he does not like being dependent upon others for parts, but a barrel would be a major play. I am not sure how well that has worked out for LaRue... Then again, there is keeping up with the LaRue's.
    Yes, a Geissele BCG with the Nano-Coating would be cool. Called the company that "would" be the producer (Nano Composite Coatings) and they said they had no ETA on them.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is Geissele still saying they're not releasing these rails as stand alone kit?

What's the word on 10.3" uppers?

Will the be releasing a black version?
    Last edited by scooter22; 11-18-18 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Is Geissele still saying they're not releasing these rails as stand alone kit?

What's the word on 10.3" uppers?

Will the be releasing a black version?
    Hey @scooter22 -- I am not speaking for Geissele, but the word we get is: No, not selling the Mk16 rails separately; Yes, 10.3" is coming soon; I have not heard anything about a black rail. My guess is that they will have both black and DDC when they release for sale. I would guess that they will have both colors in both sizes, but not in the immediate future.

We are selling the Mk16 rail, a limited quantity, as a take-off from the full upper. Our price on that is probably a bit higher than the commercial price, when the rail is available, but right now, we have a few full uppers that we have separated, experimented with some other configurations, so some of the parts are available. Again, not many, and cost is high. If you do the math on the complete upper, the components that are desired come out to be expensive. Take a look here regarding the 10.3". Get on the List. The facts are vague, but I think you can figure out what the configuration will be like. As we get more 411, we will post it.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    Hey @scooter22 -- I am not speaking for Geissele, but the word we get is: No, not selling the Mk16 rails separately; Yes, 10.3" is coming soon; I have not heard anything about a black rail. My guess is that they will have both black and DDC when they release for sale. I would guess that they will have both colors in both sizes, but not in the immediate future.

We are selling the Mk16 rail, a limited quantity, as a take-off from the full upper. Our price on that is probably a bit higher than the commercial price, when the rail is available, but right now, we have a few full uppers that we have separated, experimented with some other configurations, so some of the parts are available. Again, not many, and cost is high. If you do the math on the complete upper, the components that are desired come out to be expensive. Take a look here regarding the 10.3". Get on the List. The facts are vague, but I think you can figure out what the configuration will be like. As we get more 411, we will post it.
    Ironic that the day after you post this they are offering them up paired with a charging handle for black friday.

https://geissele.com/bf2018deals

$174 less than the rail by it self from charlies..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Haha, of course they did. Right after I bought a stripped urgi. fml

Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast