Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Mini 14 mags?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had one for some time, was a pleasure to shoot but I let it go finally as I always grab an ar. Factory mags here also, they work and work always.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    For me it was watching the A Team as a kid. Most rounds fired, no one ever killed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    To be fair, the one episode where folks actually got smoked was the one where they went back to Vietnam and had M16s and M203s

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Best Mini 14 mags?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    To be fair, the one episode where folks actually got smoked was the one where they went back to Vietnam and had M16s and M203s
    I missed that one.

https://youtu.be/sjyBVfq8Rto

You’d think they could get the uniforms right. Those berets are awful!

https://youtu.be/kF_dtbSfIqE

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-09-18 at 08:28.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mr T pities the fool that doesn't use factory mags in his Mini...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Best Mini 14 mags?

I’ve used factory 20’s, 30’s, and beta mags in my mini/ac556. All functioned perfectly in both.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Best Mini 14 mags?

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Mr T pities the fool that doesn't use factory mags in his Mini...
    Exactly. Factory Mags. It’s nice they’re available again after the years when Ruger was not selling high caps to civilians.

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-10-18 at 16:32.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My first semi-auto rifle was a Mini-14. They are great handling little rifles. During the ban, PMI pre-ban mags were at least as good as factory, on the off chance you run across any. That being said, there's really no reason not to use factory mags - I prefer the 20 rounders for ergos and absolute reliability.
    Last edited by sundance435; 01-10-18 at 09:49.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    PMI pre-ban mags were at least as good as factory, on the off chance you run across any. That being said, there's really no reason not to use factory mags .
    That is why I mentioned PMI and Thermold...they do, or at least did work. That was really surprising with Thermolds considering the rest of their magazines on average and I would be cautious with 23+ year old Thermolds now. I wouldn't pay more than a factory magazine price for either, but if you find a PMI mag at a fair price in decent shape it will likely be fine. The people turning them out took some pains in their making.

Just to be sure there isn't confusion, PMI was not Pro Mag
    Industries, it was Precision Mag Industries.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

I'm not sure if these are good prices but they were in my email today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Not exactly sure how this topic went so long but I dug up a 30ish year old mag duo that fits and functions better than factory mags. It feeds soft tips and short 50gr HPs with no problems.

However I have no idea how it's still working after all this time given the weak looking rivets and spring system!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dennis; 01-13-18 at 01:27.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast