After years of owning a PPQ and teaching myself how to do a reasonably good job of hitting targets on a short indoor range and once-yearly at a 25 yard outdoor range, I’d like to get more proficient.

In addition, after spending inordinate amounts of money building (or purchasing two halves and then upgrading specific aspects...) two AR’s, including a BCM-based SBR, plus having all the parts to actually do a full build with Aero, Toolcraft, ALG, and Ballistic Advantage components...
I’d like to learn how to shoot well. I enjoy finding the good deals and putting things together, so the money I’ve spent doesn’t bother me at all. I am bothered knowing that I’m not actually good at using the tools I made. It’s like spending a bunch of money on a Mustang’s suspension and then not driving it on a track (but I did that).

I have the Magpul carbine DVD’s, and I enjoyed the clips of the pistol training that I’ve seen around the internet, but which I cannot find for sale anywhere. I’ve looked at others. But I’m looking for recommendations.

What home-based training do you recommend that would provide a good basis to further self-teaching until I can attend legitimate basic carbine and basic pistol classes?