Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
I suggest you look at the terminal ballistics forum.
Yes, many rounds, especially bonded hps like your bear claw or federal fusion offer superior ballistics than 5.45.
Tumbling is not the best wounding mechanism. Your t2 will tumble and frag which does much more tissue damage.
Bonded rounds expand leading to increased surface area (wounding like a tumbling bullet), but it creates a consistent wound channel. It also tends to travel straighter, and offers better barrier penetration.

In short, bonded rounds let you have cake and eat it too.
This. Relying on something to tumble isn't a reliable plan for stopping a deadly threat. I'm not trying to imply anything here but it seems like that's what you're asking. It's been well documented over the years that 5.56 rounds can be so-so at stopping humans. The solution to that for those of us who are stuck with a 5.56 platform are shot placement and follow-up shots. Don't take my word for it, read Blackhawk Down by Mark Bowden or We were soldiers once by Hal Moore. Here's a more modern reference- 12 years after Somalia, a close friend of mine was shooting an M-4 at insurgents in the Kandari Market (Baghdad) Iraq. He wondered how he could shoot guys five times and they still made it across the street. It turns out that when his squad moved up the street, they found dead insurgents stacked up in the alleys.

Here's a story about something that actually happened to me. The police department I work for issues Federal 62 grain bonded PSP for patrol rifles. One night, I got into an incident where a guy with a shotgun came at me and two friends. One friend, armed with a RRA AR-15 shot nine rounds at him and hit him once, right below the sternum. He flopped around and lived long enough to crawl halfway across a house before he died in the master bathroom. That one modern, expensive bonded duty round killed him completely dead but not instantly. He could have still shot back at us if he was determined to do so.

In conclusion, no matter what rifle or round you're using- if you can put five in the center chest of what you're trying to stop it will probably stop. Maybe you're getting too hung up on the performance of something that was not designed for one shot stops.