Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SF XC1-B, 300 lumens

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

SF XC1-B, 300 lumens

And the race is on! 300 lumen XC1-B. Same form factor as far as I can tell, but a new user interface. Toggle for momentary on, toggle quickly for constant on. This is probably the biggest improvement for the light. I still think it needs a deeper reflector though.

Ambidextrous switching provides both momentary- and constant-on activation options. Momentary-on activation is achieved by placing your support hand thumb on top of either of the two rear downward-activated switches and pushing down. The XC1-B will stay in momentary mode for as long as either toggle switch is depressed and held in the on position beyond a fraction of a second. Constant-on activation is achieved by quickly tapping either one of the momentary switches. To turn off the constant on mode, quickly touch and release either toggle switch. It can also be achieved by using your support hand to push the center crossbar switch from left to right.
    http://www.surefire.com/illumination...aponlight.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad to see they boosted the output, I hope they also played with the reflector to get more of a distinct hotspot. Sounds like the controls are improved, but the crappy mount remains the same? I switched to an APLc after going through two XC1s... I'm not in love with the APLc either but it has been reliable and I'm not exactly itching to go back to Surefire at this point.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Are the contact points on the APLc metal like the gen 2 APL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Are the contact points on the APLc metal like the gen 2 APL?
    The bezel is metal, as is the cross-bolt and the portion of the mount that the cross-bolt threads into. The body and paddles are some kind of reinforced polymer, which has been improved since the previous generations of Inforce lights. I will say that so far mine has been much more durable than the XC1s I've had the displeasure of owning previously, but I haven't beaten the piss out of it, either... Just 3-4 months of daily carry and 800 or so rounds down the pipe so far.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 10-30-17 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    Sure the B model has better controls and higher output, but the A model has a dope as shit Galactic Empire Imperial Crest battery cover.

Last edited by irondude; 10-30-17 at 21:58.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    The bezel is metal, as is the cross-bolt and the portion of the mount that the cross-bolt threads into. The body and paddles are some kind of reinforced polymer, which has been improved since the previous generations of Inforce lights. I will say that so far mine has been much more durable than the XC1s I've had the displeasure of owning previously, but I haven't beaten the piss out of it, either... Just 3-4 months of daily carry and 800 or so rounds down the pipe so far.
    I have not owned a XC1, what were the issues with it?

Thanks....
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    I've gone through 3 of them so far, after you turn them on (either with the button or physically holding the momentary) they just flicker and go out. And the metal mount on one of mine actually broke off as i was unscrewing it right after getting it back from surefire..

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hmm, my sample size of one XC1 200 lumen model has been fine, maybe 2K rounds in 18 months through my EDC G19 Gen4.

Thinking about picking up a B model and putting the original on my training Glock. APLc looks good but I really don't want to switch for no good reason (holsters, etc).

Change for Change sake annoys me. But I understand users who had issues with an item. That always sucks but the one SF issue I had was self induced (broke the mount on a X300U) they sent me free replacement parts in a week.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Grab a Gun has XC-1Bs for $207, so I jumped on one and will give it a good workout.

Time will tell if it's as reliable as my original XC-1

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Rhino can we count on some feedback after some rounds down range etc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast