Thread: Throughs on the MOLLE Tubes Cover?

Feedback Score

Throughs on the MOLLE Tubes Cover?

Have you guys seen this? Full disclaimer, I am posting this for a friend to help get the word out. I have an early prototype and like it.

Raine Inc. has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund their new MOLLE Cover for Tubes™ Cummerbunds. The covers add back the MOLLE real-estate lost from using Tubes™ buckles and have several other features.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/256206016/molle-cover-for-tubestm-cummerbunds-plate-carriers

From Raine Inc.:

In development and testing for 2 years, the Raine MOLLE Cover for Tubes™ cummerbunds gives you back the MOLLE real-estate lost from using FirstSpear® Tubes™ quick release hardware on a plate carrier and body armor vest.

The MOLLE Cover is compatible with all FirstSpear® platforms, does not interfere with the Tubes™ quick release function, and securely attaches to Tubes™ cummerbunds like a second skin.

Features:
    • Adds back the MOLLE real-estate lost from using FirstSpear® Tubes™
    • Smooth quick release function
    • Covers and protects FirstSpear® Tubes™ hardware
    • Increases service life of Tubes™ hardware
    • Increased protection from accidental quick release opening of Tubes™ hardware
    • Attachment options compatible with MOLLE, FirstSpear® 6/12™, and 6/9™ platforms.
    • Ambidextrous (Can be used on the left or right cummerbund)
    • Colors: Coyote Brown, Ranger Green, Black, and Multicam
    • Weight: 69 grams (2.43oz)
    • LIFETIME WARRANTY
    • Made in the USA
    • Patent Pending

SHOT Show
    Come see samples at SHOT Show, we have two booth locations.

Schedule:

• Shot Show Main Floor, Booth # 20132 (Tues – Fri)
    • Shot Show Supplier Show Case, Booth # S1440 (Mon – Tues)

We are currently looking for dealers, distributors, companies that would like to have us integrate Raine designs into their product lines, and contract sewing customers.

Email us at shotshow@raineinc.com to schedule a meeting.

You can find out more at the Kickstarter campaign page:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/256206016/molle-cover-for-tubestm-cummerbunds-plate-carriers

Message Raine Inc. through Kickstarter and mention M4Carbine.net. They will include an extra patch with your reward.

Disclaimer:
    FirstSpear®, Tubes™, 6/12™ and 6/9™ are trademarks of FirstSpear, LLC. Products shown with these trademarks are built with FirstSpear Technology™.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I think it's an interesting idea that addresses my pet irk with the FS tube-quipped carriers.

That being said, looking at the pics/info there-
    I get the little leg-things inserting to attach it to the c-bund. How does it secure the front (Or even the main body of the gapper) to the carrier? As it looks right now it seems the need to keep the front unsecured in order for the tubes release pull to work is going to lead to a flop/snag hazard. In other words, that unsecured front portion of the gapper is going to "cant" out either under movement, heavy load (like a double mag pouch), or when leaning forward (like going prone) and is then going to snag on everything given it's now "opening" like a reverse car door, leading to exiting/entering of buildings/vehicles or low-crawling causing it to pull off.

??
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    See the pictures of mine below. There are two malice clip/zip ties that secure it further. One goes through the Bridger bodyside laser cuts and through the two sewn 1.5" webbing that hold the female tubes buckle to the cummerbund like a hinge. You can see this in the second picture close up shot.

In the first picture you can see the securing mechanism that goes around the tubes (the long multicam).

All this keeps the Bridger cover on my cummerbund like a second skin. Once you mount pouches to to the cummerbund and front of your plate carrier you cannot tell it's there, like the velcro cummerbunds with front hook and loop securing flaps on the torso.

I have run two stacked 30 round mags pouches on it without issue. It has a single a 30round mag mounted to it in the picture. I have not had issues with it folding back, wiggling, getting caught on anything. I've been able to go prone and get in/out of vehicles without issue.

You get a pull cord extender so when you mount double stacked mags or a radio you can still open and close the tubes. I like it and they've been good at responding to emails and listening to feedback.

Last edited by Ammodiet; 01-20-18 at 16:31.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I see.
    That's very interesting indeed.
    If I ever get back into plate carriers I'll have to try it out.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment