Thread: Strike Ind. Viper PDW Stock? Anyone with experience with it?

Feedback Score

Strike Ind. Viper PDW Stock? Anyone with experience with it?

Was just getting ready to pull the trigger on a second Law tactical folder when I saw this unit. Normally don't pay any attention to Strike Industries, but I saw Rainier Arms is carrying it, and they usually don't carry junk.

Anyone have any experience with it that would be willing to share their opinion on it?

Big concerns for me are: 1. Durability. 2. Buffer weight (are their different weights, how is it tuned, etc). 3. How short does it go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Other then not wanting to Chinese shit from strike on my guns, it negates one of the chief advantages of the ar. Straight line recoil with the shoulder allows for better recoil management. Not only have they offset the stock, but made the butt curved, almost encouraging a rocking motion with each shot. While I have no first hand experience it seems stupid to me.

Throw in a 6061 buffer tube and a weight that must be so insignicant that it will effect reliability and you will not see me purchasing one.
    Last edited by ajacobs; 01-14-18 at 19:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ajacobs View Post
    Other then not wanting to Chinese shit from strike on my guns, it negates one of the chief advantages of the ar. Straight line recoil with the shoulder allows for better recoil management. Not only have they offset the stock, but made the butt curved, almost encouraging a rocking motion with each shot. While I have no first hand experience it seems stupid to me.

Throw in a 6061 buffer tube and a weight that must be so insignicant that it will effect reliability and you will not see me purchasing one.
    Figured that was the case. Oh well, looks like I will stick with the LAW folding mechanism.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Yeh, I can't bring myself to buy any of these pdw stocks. They are pricey. To me I would think, that while they may be reliable, they still increase the chances of having an issue. All of that to save a couple inches.

They do look cool though.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Yeh, I can't bring myself to buy any of these pdw stocks. They are pricey. To me I would think, that while they may be reliable, they still increase the chances of having an issue. All of that to save a couple inches.

They do look cool though.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    The hard thing for me is proprietary nature, and the questions on buffer weight. Right now, I can throw a H2 or H3 buffer in if I need to and there is no stress. With the PDW stocks, I can't tell what buffer weight they come with, or what weight will work, especially with the proprietary springs that many are using.

Right now, I have a LAW folder on my pistol lower for my .300blk. I am planning on adding another LAW folder on one of my SBR lowers as well. I know with these they work, but I would prefer a collapsable stock to a folding stock.

Untitled

Feedback Score
    double tap

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1960s tech (think G3 and HK54) and ergonomics brought to 2010s to haunt us again. If your priority is shortest retracted length, to the exclusion of other important things like being able to shoulder it properly and start shooting without having to deploy the stock first, proper cheek weld, a good sized stock butt pad, sure.

In solving one problem most people don't have, it creates several of its own, which the AR has successful addressed with its telescopic stock, the compromises don't justify the single gain. It's another "what's old is new again" flawed fashion piece that should have stayed buried, like the machined, solid firing pin retainer.
    Last edited by Duffy; 01-15-18 at 15:14.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth