Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Missile false alarm in Hawaii

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I have been in Maui since Thursday and I woke up this morning to the security officer of the Four Seasons over the loud speaker saying that every guest is to leave there rooms and report to the main lobby and that this was not a drill. My phone went off with an "emergency alert" and the air raid sirens were going off in all directions (turned out not to be civil defense sirens but alarms from the hotel) . I honestly thought a volcano was about to erupt.

When we got down to the main lobby, they security director stated that "N Korea has just launched a nuclear weapon and it is headed to Hawaii. That statement freaked a lot of people out, especially the people from Japan, Australia and South Korea. There were a few service men, most likely US Navy who yelled "bullshit" and someone had mentioned that "they (n korea) wouldn't be able to reach orbit without intervention from the navy". One of the guys talked to a group of people and he explained that the whole US 7th fleet has the whole peninsula of Korea surrounded as well as complete supremacy of the airspace. As he talked, I could tell that a lot of people started to calm down. Within about 15 minutes, the security officer had stated that the "ballistic missile threat was a false alarm".

Within an hour, the story had changed from "bad intel from senior government officials", "S Korea warned US of attack" to "accidently pushed button on shift change".

These are videos taken with my phone of the service announcement: one is taken from in my room, the other walking down the hall towards the elevator.
    Last edited by elephant; 01-14-18 at 05:29.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    hear is the other video:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dont know if covered already..but is THIS how ISRAEL feels all the time? And those rockets are REAL.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    they security director stated that "N Korea has just launched a nuclear weapon and it is headed to Hawaii.
    How does someone get a job as security director of a big 5 star hotel being that dumb? Great way to keep people calm until you know what the hell is really going on.

Good thing no one panicked and did something stupid
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    , "the wrong button was pushed" during the internal drill.

Wow, just wow!
    How'd you like be that guy today? Almost as as the guy who left the hatch open on the sub
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    The problem with that idea is, and this has been the issue with the tsunami sirens, is that if you start popping false alarms, people stop taking them seriously.
    Oh I'm not okay with that theory (that they did it on purpose despite what they claim). But from a strictly realistic, cold point of view I can see it being signed off on with a wink and a nudge.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Amateurs. Hell, I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis. And a few years in SAC after that. Goldern Rooskies REALLY knew how to scare people.

Some things never change: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Igz5SfBCE
    I grew up in Omaha...I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis very well. We were likely ground zero for the first stike from the USSR. I dated the daughter of the SAC vice-commander when I was in college...got to tour the underground command post and poke around inside Looking Glass. Those people in SAC...they were very serious folks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    How'd you like be that guy today? Almost as as the guy who left the hatch open on the sub
    Or anyone on the bridge watch of either the USS Fitzgerald or the USS John McCain.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Or anyone on the bridge watch of either the USS Fitzgerald or the USS John McCain.
    They were/are all in deep doo doo at least, and it appears the Navy didn't white wash it. Will be interesting to see, what, if any penalties occur for dude who pushed the wrong button.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Run a referendum on a Missle Defense system in Hawaii in the next election....

Or there was a launch, we took it out and decided that we didn’t want to start now...
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 01-14-18 at 09:34.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast