Thread: Just got a thermal for hog hunting...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just got a thermal for hog hunting...

And its awesome! Took 6 out my first week with it. Need to get a tipod set up next. Shooting standing with them running has proven to be a pain. Plan on building a dedicated gun soon. Right now i have it on a parts bin gun. Keep going back and forth between 6.6, .300, and 5.56. Unit is a flir pts233

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Nice.

I’m looking at Armasight Thermal.
    Hog shooting at night is too much fun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sweet- need more details please and maybe some video?
    Is this TX or FL?
    Eating or dog food?
    What ammo for 556?
    What did you compare this with and who had the best deal and why did you decide on this pts 233?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Sweet- need more details please and maybe some video?
    Is this TX or FL?
    Eating or dog food?
    What ammo for 556?
    What did you compare this with and who had the best deal and why did you decide on this pts 233?
    East Texas
    Eating and buzzard food
    64gr gdsp
    Compared it to the rxq30v pulsar. Liked the pts233 the best. Those are the inly 2 in my current proce range. Everybody is still around msrp on them. I ordered one through optics planet for a little under 1700. Waited months. Ended up going with a smaller shop for 1800

Feedback Score
    Congrats on the new optic! Thermal is on a whole bother level!
    Gaijin- Flir bought Armasight about a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I tried the Sig Echo and really didnt care for it. Went back to my faithful XSight HD
    Be of good cheer, you men of Valor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
    I tried the Sig Echo and really didnt care for it. Went back to my faithful XSight HD
    Yeah the sig echo's are terrible

Feedback Score
    how far do you feel you could detect with your scope? i too just switched to thermal for nighttime coyote hunting in ohio, i went with the pulsar but would like to set up a second rig for friends that want to tag along and this would be a little cheaper option for me but not a ton of first hand reviews out there yet since this is relatively new

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kfredri View Post
    how far do you feel you could detect with your scope? i too just switched to thermal for nighttime coyote hunting in ohio, i went with the pulsar but would like to set up a second rig for friends that want to tag along and this would be a little cheaper option for me but not a ton of first hand reviews out there yet since this is relatively new
    Detect or positive id? Detect, further than anywhere i hunt. Prolly 7-800yds is all i have. Positive id is another story. 150 is as far i would feel comfortable iding. 1.5x optical zoom and 6x digital it isnt meant for a long range scope. At 150 i can tell 100% what it is with excellent quality. After that it starts getting fuzzy.