Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Magpul Pro chassis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    What are some good 700 receivers and barrels to use with this new Magpul chassis. Any got a favorite??

C4
    I would go Defiance Deviant. Smooth, reliable, and durable. I’ve had issues with Stillers.

As far as barrels, I’ve had awesome luck with Bartlein barrels (both on customs and on AINA barrels). What’s more important than maker of the barrel is the reamer and quality of the chamber job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    1k dollars has to be some sort of a joke for that thing when you can buy an MPA or KRG chassis for the same or less(less in most cases).I like it but they are competing at the top of the price range with all metal chassis that weight the same

Hell I paid $775 for my MPA BA chassis brand new from a brick and mortar retail shop lol

1k for folding. $900 for non-folding. I’d imagine steer price will be less. And the KRG W3 is more like $1200 for a folder, and yes, has lots of plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    Hello all,

Thank you for the interest and comments on the Pro 700. From the earliest days of the Hunter 700 we knew we wanted to develop a high end, full feature chassis for the Remington 700 platform. We set forward with developing a purposeful list of features and attributes intended to optimize end user adjustability while ensuring we provide extremely rigid, ambidextrous chassis to ensure the shooter has total confidence in repeatable performance. The full machined aluminum chassis is covered with Magpul polymer skins to protect the mechanisms, prevent damage, improve ergonomics, features tool-less adjustment of LOP and CH, has an ambidextrous folding hinge that clears the bold handle, adjustable butt-pad for height and cant, adjustable cheek riser fore/aft & reversible, enlarged trigger well, adjustable grip for trigger reach, two different grips included, full M-LOK compatibility for the forend & stock, and will have an NVD mounting solution available. The Pro 700 provides the best value when set side by side to other comparable models currently in the market.

Question: the FDE rifle chassis that you showcased at SOFIC and SHOT with the SF can on it; what was the barrel length on that particular setup?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    It's a 16" barrel.

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    It's a 16" barrel.
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Does anybody have one of these chassis put together and used?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    What are the chances of a Tikka T3 comparable version? The Remington 700 action is so yesterday. :-)
    Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Does anybody have one of these chassis put together and used?
    I'd be interested in any first hand information as well. While I've been looking at setting up a Tikka T3 it wouldn't take much to say screw it and pick up a Surgeon 591SA and go for broke.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't have any usage experience with it but I handled it a lot at SHOT. I'm pretty sure the Magpul guys thought I was stalking them by the end of the week with how many times I stopped by.

It really is a well built chassis that is completely ambidextrous. The stock locked up solid enough to make it fell like a non folder. The stock was comfortable. Everything felt well made. I couldn't find anything it was missing.

The only downside could find is that it's not as "cool looking" as a Cadex, AI, etc... and that's a pretty weak negative.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234