Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tavor TS12 announced

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecBeach View Post
    I've played with the Real Tavor-21 and the airsoft one. Loved the airsoft and hated the real one lol. Now I just need an airsoft glock..
    Not sure if this is the place, but I'll bite. I grabbed one of these for training. It's 1:1 and licensed by glock themselves so its nice when I can't get out to a range and want to practice a bit.

https://modernairsoft.com/collection...t-pistol-glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Although i'm a fan of the Tavor, this shotgun is quite ugly IMO.

I prefer the VEPR12 or Saiga12 when it comes to semi-auto 12ga.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The TS12 has been out for a while now, anyone here have extensive hands on experience yet? Just wondering about overall reliability and functioning.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna
    The TS12 has been out for a while now, anyone here have extensive hands on experience yet? Just wondering about overall reliability and functioning.
    Reports from SHOT Show 2019...
    Due to reliability issues of the TS12 using 2.75" shells, IWI decided not to release the TS12 in 2018.
    IWI Rep says the TS12 was designed for use with full power 3" shells, so it ended up not functioning reliably with cheap low powered 2.75" shells ("Winchester white box, ammo found at Wal-Mart, etc").
    Which prompted IWI to not release the TS12 in 2018 and to redesign the gas system so that it would operate more reliably with 2.75" shells.
    The fix to the reliability issues is the reason why the TS12 has been delayed until around Q2 2019.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    Reports from SHOT Show 2019...
    Due to reliability issues of the TS12 using 2.75" shells, IWI decided not to release the TS12 in 2018.
    IWI Rep says the TS12 was designed for use with full power 3" shells, so it ended up not functioning reliably with cheap low powered 2.75" shells ("Winchester white box, ammo found at Wal-Mart, etc").
    Which prompted IWI to not release the TS12 in 2018 and to redesign the gas system so that it would operate more reliably with 2.75" shells.
    The fix to the reliability issues is the reason why the TS12 has been delayed until around Q2 2019.
    Thanks for the update. The TS12 is the first shotgun to pique my interest in a long time. I hope they get the bugs worked out.

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I have had my TS12 for about 3 months now. I got a call from my local gun shop saying they were getting in 21 of them in for $1,299.00 They came in on a Thursday and I got the last one on Friday. They sold out in 24 hours. Have only run about 500 rounds through it so far but it has been 100% reliable shooting anything from 1,200 fps Walmart crap to high brass magnum loads. The manual is kind of goofy because it says not to shoot loads that run less than 1,250 fps and then on another page it says the TS12 "will" run loads as light as 1,200 fps and that you should find a load it likes and stick with it. I put a Trijicon SRO on it and will be using it for local 3-gun matches in 2020 as a replacement for my SKO 12. I am using a Styer AUG for my rifle and want to keep the platforms the same.
    Last edited by MadDog; 12-22-19 at 10:27.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    I have had my TS12 for about 3 months now. I got a call from my local gun shop saying they were getting in 21 of them in for $1,299.00 They came in on a Thursday and I got the last one on Friday. They sold out in 24 hours. Have only run about 500 rounds through it so far but it has been 100% reliable shooting anything from 1,200 fps Walmart crap to high brass magnum loads. The manual is kind of goofy because it says not to shoot loads that run less than 1,250 fps and then on another page it says the TS12 "will" run loads as light as 1,200 fps and that you should find a load it likes and stick with it. I put a Trijicon SRO on it and will be using it for local 3-gun matches in 2020 as a replacement for my SKO 12. I am using a Styer AUG for my rifle and want to keep the platforms the same.
    Thanks for the info. 500 rounds without a hiccup is not too bad but I also read a review on another site that had several malfunctions. Let us know how it runs in your matches. I really want to like the TS12 as I think it is a good evolution of the defensive shotgun.

Feedback Score
    old thread but I've had one a few years, lubed it up before firing the first shot and have not had a misfeed/misfire in apx 400 rnds. I tried to make it mess up by mixing low brass, high brass, slugs and buck but it still kept chugging. It is heavy loaded with 15 rnds but for inside work I'm not sure it can be beat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123