Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
Planning on likely getting the dash 8. Have waited months for the Crimson Trace CMR-300 to hit the streets. Then CT lets me know 2 weeks ago they pulled the product. This looks like it'll be just fine on my AR pistol though I prefer the paddles on the CT.
Purchased the TLR-8 from a store on GB for 150.00 and a few bucks for shipping. Had it in two days. Believe I have 4 other lasers that were all zeroed a year ago and others were zeroed longer than that. The reason I mention this is I just can't recall what the adjustment procedure is. Zeroed it last night. If I was 2 inches to the right of my point of aim, I had to adjust the beam to the right, not the left. Same with vertical. If I was 2 inches high I had to adjust up; not down. Now that I write this I guess that makes sense.

The adjustment screws use a hex that I measured very closely to being 0.050" or 1.3mm. The top of the left to right screw head is pretty much flush with the light housing and easy to turn but firm enough to not walk out. The vertical is a mother. It's recessed way down in there, approach is at an angle and it's very tight. Tight to the point where it feels like the allen is going to bend or snap.

At first I felt the vertical screw was missing and overall it was a defective item. Sent it back and received another. They actually were very trusting and shipped the replacement the day before I shipped the "defective" one back. Got the new one and "the damn screw is missing on this one too". Not a happy camper. Though I couldn't see it, I zoomed in on the adjustment opening with my phone camera and snapped a pic with the flash. The hex shape was clearly visible in the pic. I felt bad knowing I had returned an item that was not defective. The seller was very accommodating. I don't know what his position is with the company but he did me right. https://www.mdsoptics.com/?zenid=d85...6f428e05bdfa3e

Though not proud in any was of posting this I feel I must. The day before I contacted the seller, I contacted Streamlight. The customer rep lady told me I needed to take the issue up with the retailer. I'm like, WTH?. I told her it was on them and not him. She finally gave me the service dept. email and told me to include the problem, my name, address, phone, etc.

I did all that and after two day I heard nothing. I had copied / pasted that info and sent it to the seller as heads up. I quickly got a reply from him and he told me he'd be more than happy to take care of the problem. As noted earlier, he did just that. It's been days now and I have yet to hear back from Streamlight. Pretty disappointing.

How did it do? The 500 lumen light is fine and a bit bright for its intended role. My original plan was to install the new Crimson Trace CMR-300 which is / was a 300 lumen light with a green laser. After waiting months for it to hit the streets and me hounding them, I get a msg one day they had pulled the product. Pissed me off. I had actually made a couple of changes (close to 200.00 worth) to the AR to specifically integrate the new light.

Dialed in the laser last night at 25 meters on my AR pistol. Took me a little longer than usual with 18 rounds. But it is dead on. A little bit tighter group than "cloverleaf". That's plenty good for me. I expect it to hold up just fine. But I find that one adjustment screw to be lacking and hope they improve on it in future assemblies. As it stands now I would recommend this product. I have their TLR-1HL on another AR and really like it.