Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Streamlight TLR-7 & 8

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    So it's been almost a year since this thread was started.

What is your assessment after using either one for a while?

Overall impressions?

Durability?

Reliability?

Any issues pop up?
    Remains at the 6 position on my 8.5" pistol. I fired it some more a few months back on an overcast day. Not super bright like in the "dark/dark" but good enough where I wasn't searching for the beam in an old poultry house which is basically a long pole barn with a roof and the sides are horizontal slats about 3-4 high from the ground. Distance was about 20 meters. Laser is zeroed at 25 meters. It was more than good enough POA/POI-wise. Tac-light still lights it up well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    Has anyone attempted to mount a TLR-8 at 12 o'clock on an AR? I'm curious if the front sight post would clear the laser; the light's compact enough it appears it just might. I've got a PDW build in the works that I could see that light being just about perfect for.
    My TLR-8 is mounted at the 6 o'clock position.

Removed TLR-8 from bottom and mounted on top for test measurements.

From center bore to center of light lens is very close to 1.60". No fsb on this weapon. Add another .75" to center of laser.

I measured the distance on one with a fsb. Center bore to top of front sight post is close to 2.70. Keep in mind this is a F-marked FSB and only mine.

Close but approximations:

Laser mounted atop picatinny rail is 2.35" above center bore.. F-marked post top is 2.70" above center bore. Center of laser is 0.35" lower than top of post.

Lastly, I butted the barrel of the laser AR to the barrel of the AR with the FSB (muzzle to muzzle). No doubt the laser is blocked. Reckon you'd need a little riser if you plan on mounting on top. Then consider any tac-light back-splash from FSB to eyes.
    Last edited by bamashooter; 12-25-18 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, comes in green now as well

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345