Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magpul PRS GEN3

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For precision shooting, its my goto. I bought one of the RPR rifles and tossed a PRS on it, much better. I just attempted to put it on my Bergara but was not successful first run. Mark is going to try and unfk it.

I love the PRS stocks. No running and gunning or even stripping down poles.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andy t View Post
    I may be the odd man out, but I returned mine because I felt it to be too long at the shortest setting. I prefer ACS or UBR. Another alternative, which I didn't try that uses carbine RE is LMT DMR stock.
    No, you are not the only one.

I love the fact that the PRS Gen 3 can use either a rifle or carbine receiver extension. But I hate how long it is, even in it's shortest configuration.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    For precision rifle shooting you shouldn’t be.

Ideally you should have a 90° bend in your elbow. Pick the rifle up with one arm and make a 90° bend. See if the stock touches the crease of your elbow.
    It just fits inside the bend of my arm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Update: I purchased LMT DMR stock sometime ago. It's much better than PRS. It's easier to install - it literally slides on like any other stock. The only negative (subjective) is that it is somewhat loose on VLTOR RE. I can feel some wiggle. Otherwise, it's lighter and can be made shorter than PRS.

Feedback Score
    I have been using the PRS gen 3 with the carbine extension with good results, and I got it for a steal a while ago. I think I paid 129 bucks plus shipping for it. I forgot where I got it, but it was a blow-out sale.

I didn't even know about the LMT stock, but it looks similar.

Comes with everything, so I might give it a shot the next time I put a rifle together.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123