Thread: Unmarked Upper + Barrel

Feedback Score

Unmarked Upper + Barrel

I did some research myself but I don't know a whole lot about a whole lot so I'm posting here just trying to learn.

Many years ago I picked up a 1985 SGW (Olympic) CAR-AR. I think the upper is a C7 style. The upper is completely unmarked. The barrel is completely unmarked. I know sometimes these era carbines have some interesting parts on them so I was wondering if you guys could take a look and maybe somebody knows more about it.

I did a little research and there were a few internet posts here and there about the unmarked uppers and the opinions of what they were are all over the place. Some say they are unmarked colt uppers, some say DPMS or Oly or other makers. I have not come across anything on Olympic having unmarked barrels.

The upper receiver gas tube hole is an X shape and the forward assist boss does not have a "tit". I think the FSB is an olympic made cast. I added the repro forward assist. The BCG is marked "C", the gas key is not staked. The Bolt is marked "MPN". Colt? Here are some pics. I can take additional pics of any part if that helps to clarify.

I really appreciate the help.

Last edited by OLD; 09-04-18 at 15:51.