Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 Magul vs. Ruger American Predator w/ the new Magpul American stock?

Feedback Score

Remington 700 Magul vs. Ruger American Predator w/ the new Magpul American stock?

Looking at the Remington 700 Magpul in 6.5 CM vs buying the Ruger and adding the Magpul stock.

Just looking for a good range gun to shoot long distance to build skills for hunting. I think I could put together the Ruger American Predator Option for about $1,000 w/ a brake. Remington is about that out the door.

Always had a good luck with Remingtons, but my newest is a 2007 vintage.

I like the Magpul Hunter stock as it seems like it would work well for the range, and I could even pack it in the field.

Thoughts on these two options?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I’m getting an American with the aics mags. No need for magpul stock. I’m sure it’s better but I’ve seen multiple tthreads with hole touching groups from oem Americans.

$399 all in is kinda hard to beat.

Also I don’t like giving money to freedom group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    I’m getting an American with the aics mags. No need for magpul stock. I’m sure it’s better but I’ve seen multiple tthreads with hole touching groups from oem Americans.

$399 all in is kinda hard to beat.

Also I don’t like giving money to freedom group.

Which stock are you going to use with those mags?

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Remington 700 Magul vs. Ruger American Predator w/ the new Magpul American stock?

Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    Which stock are you going to use with those mags?
    There is a new factory offering that takes aics mags for the same price as the ones with rotary mags.

Feedback Score
    Have you considered Bergara b14 hmr? Much better stock w/ minii alluminium chasis. It's actually a Remington 700 system so compatible w/ all aftermarket 700 parts. The best LR rifle in sub-$1000 IMO.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xugz0212 View Post
    Have you considered Bergara b14 hmr? Much better stock w/ minii alluminium chasis. It's actually a Remington 700 system so compatible w/ all aftermarket 700 parts. The best LR rifle in sub-$1000 IMO.

Not to get too far off topic but thoughts on the new howa that uses the krg bravo?

Should come in under $1k

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xugz0212 View Post

I'm new to this so please bear with me. How is the stock better?

Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    Not to get too far off topic but thoughts on the new howa that uses the krg bravo?

Should come in under $1k

I'll check that one out. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    I'm new to this so please bear with me. How is the stock better?
    Its really hard to tell until you feel it in person. I was torn between magpul Remington700, tikka t3x ctr and bergara b14 hmr during new year. I checked them in person in a LGS and immediately decided to go for bergara. Haven't taken it to range yet as im just back from vocation. But im so impressed by its stock and of course bergara has 1 moa guarantee of their rifles.

Feedback Score
    I have a Bergara B14HMR and a Rem700 with a Magpul Hunter stock. I like the Bergara better, but mostly because it's 6.5 and the Remington is .308. The Magpul stock is very nice as is the stock on the Bergara. I only chime in on this post because my Bergara is ridiculously accurate and easy to shot. It is a 1300 yard gun with Hornady 140 grain ELD and I'm in to it maybe $2500. I have more into the Rem700, by far, but that's because of optics. It doesn't shoot nearly as well, but that's because of caliber. I have no experience with the Ruger, so I'm probably no help at all with the original question.

Feedback Score

I went with Remington. But for the extra expense of bottom metal I’d probably get the ruger predator. Your good to go with just the stock. I like the Remington but oh well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast