Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington 700 Magul vs. Ruger American Predator w/ the new Magpul American stock?

Feedback Score
    I know this isn't mentioned but its cheaper to buy an adl varmint and drop it in a stock of your choice.
    Mine is a 308 ADL tactical in a Grayboe stock with left of Walker trigger. Under 850.00 if you just look at how much I spent outright. Not including the parts I sold off of it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP I wouldn't get either of the rifles you are looking at; they are both accurate enough but you can do better on overall quality and features. Instead, get the suggested Bergara B-14 HMR, or a Tikka CTR.

If you are just looking for an accurate range rifle that's 100% ready to go out of the box, the Bergara is by far the best value: folks have already listed the advantages, I don't know of a better bang-for-the-buck accurate range rifle.

Another one to consider (just to make things even more complicated): Tikka CTR. You can find this for a bit less than the Bergara if you shop around. Not as good a factory stock, but accuracy, the Tikka's are hard to beat and they have a better factory trigger, and incredibly smooth factory action. I'd say smoother and faster on the bolt throw than the Bergara, due to the 70 degree bolt throw angle on the Tikka and the refined action. That said, the Bergara's are very smooth too, not gritty like a new Savage or Remington can be. Another point is the Tikka is about 1.7 pounds lighter than the Bergara, so you could use it for hunting in more situations. You could get the Tikka for around $900, shoot it for a while to make sure you like it, then drop it into a nicer aftermarket Tikka stock or chassis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by non-hallal View Post
    I know this isn't mentioned but its cheaper to buy an adl varmint and drop it in a stock of your choice.
    Mine is a 308 ADL tactical in a Grayboe stock with left of Walker trigger. Under 850.00 if you just look at how much I spent outright. Not including the parts I sold off of it.
    That’s what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Do all of the choices come with a threaded barrel for a brake?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12