Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Leap scope mount from Scalarworks - QD 7075-T6, 5.46oz

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Yep. At least $50 overpriced. If they were $300 I would swap all my mounts. If they were $350 I would get one or two. At $400 I'm out.
    Agreed. They killed themselves at this price range. You can get geissele, badger ordnance, kac, NF, and several other well respected mount manufacturers for $100 or more less than their price. And they dont have a 34mm available yet until q4 supposedly and they dont plan on offering a 1.93 or 2.04 mount anytime soon. If im paying that much ill go with spuhr for the built in bubble level and rock solid known quantity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    My statement that compairson to the ARC system is only in the design of the ring system itself. I still wouldn't buy an ARC mount either at the prices they are asking. The hindge or slip in style verticle rings do not apply force the same as a true verticle split system. That is why I was asking. So from a vertical split stand point I would think the scalarworks mount would not exibit the issues as some others do. The thumb screw is what turns me off the most. The rest of the mount looks good. Geissele is 65 inch pounds on there 1/2 nuts for attachment. X2. Spuhr is 40 or so in pounds x4 bolts. Time will tell from end users, but for me there is no way I would be putting this on a scoped gun, over a Geissele or Spuhr.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-10-18 at 09:38.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It looks like everything they do, exquisite to the core but at $400 it's got to be Geissele for me, bummer.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    It was a monumental challenge to get this mount into production and we really appreciate your patience.

G&R just received their first shipment, and the rest of our dealers will receive theirs over the coming few days.

I encourage you to take a look at the product page we set up for it with lots of cool details here: https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-m...p-scope-mount/

Hopefully it answers most of your questions but feel free to ask anything that isn't covered here.

SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Woah, and I thought Geissele mounts were expensive…

At the 260$ a Geissele often is on sale it seems cheap in comparison.

I wish them luck in their sales, I think at 400$ I'm out. At 300$ I'm in, 400$ is too much for me. I see the justification in price over the Geissele, there is a ton more machine work. It looks amazing, but I think it more amazing than I need at that price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    My statement that compairson to the ARC system is only in the design of the ring system itself. I still wouldn't buy an ARC mount either at the prices they are asking. The hindge or slip in style verticle rings do not apply force the same as a true verticle split system. That is why I was asking. So from a vertical split stand point I would think the scalarworks mount would not exibit the issues as some others do.
    You are correct. Our rings don't exhibit much more rotation when torquing down than traditional split rings (no ring design is completely immune). The small amount that might be encountered can easily be negated by simply pinching the two sides of the ring while tightening the two screws down (as per our printed instructions).

What's really unique about our ring design is that the screws (which are oversize #10-32) are custom CNC'd to have a slip fit with the base which makes them a structural part of the ring without relying on friction like all existing designs do (that I know of).

Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    The thumb screw is what turns me off the most. The rest of the mount looks good. Geissele is 65 inch pounds on there 1/2 nuts for attachment. X2. Spuhr is 40 or so in pounds x4 bolts. Time will tell from end users, but for me there is no way I would be putting this on a scoped gun, over a Geissele or Spuhr.
    Speaking of friction: In my humble opinion, pure torque is highly overrated on accessory mounts. On a traditional screw, the majority of the torque goes towards introducing sufficient friction into the threads and behind the head to resist vibration loosening under recoil - the alternative is to use a threadlocker (which is messy and cumbersome), or what we do with our Quantum QD system, which applies a sufficient external force (via ball detent) to the head of the screw.

The other reason many traditional cross-bolt and nut designs require so much torque is because they have relatively little surface area on their clamping surfaces. The LEAP/Scope mount has a contact patch almost 4 times as large, requiring four times less clamping pressure to exert the same force against a Picatinny rail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    It was a monumental challenge to get this mount into production and we really appreciate your patience.
    That is a piece of art!

Now only make "HK416" height one (32mm or so) and my Spuhr mount goes on sale
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    That is a piece of art!
    Thank you.

That is a piece of art!

Now only make "HK416" height one (32mm or so) and my Spuhr mount goes on sale
    Your HK416 with the LEAP/Scope will give you that ultra cool ~1.93" height everyone wants!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    Your HK416 with the LEAP/Scope will give you that ultra cool ~1.93" height everyone wants!
    I'm always this other guy who goes against the crowd, you know

I'm actually thinking about using Nightforce 28.5mm Unimount that I have laying around, as Khales Z16i is flat enough to fit inside this mount. HK uses 28.5mm sight line for their fixed sights (with drum rear sight) and 33mm for flip up sights. New, slim-line stock also makes eye to go lower than old style E1 stock.

Last edited by montrala; 06-12-18 at 07:24.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    I'm always this other guy who goes against the crowd, you know

I'm actually thinking about using Nightforce 28.5mm Unimount that I have laying around, as Khales Z16i is flat enough to fit inside this mount. HK uses 28.5mm sight line for their fixed sights (with drum rear sight) and 33mm for flip up sights. New, slim-line stock also makes eye to go lower than old style E1 stock.

Well now you're just showing off!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast