Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Leap scope mount from Scalarworks - QD 7075-T6, 5.46oz

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    I never even got the email in stock notifications I set up on two different emails. If I hadn’t been checking this thread I would have missed out. Again.
    Sorry to hear that. Did you receive a confirmation email stating you're signed up to the list?
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Obviously I can’t speak for Scalarworks, but this isn’t uncommon. A lot of times there are so many emails that there’s actually a delay in the system getting all of the notifications out. BCM frequently had that issue in the months after Sandy Hook.
    We're looking to move to a more robust notification system as we grow.

The ultimate solution to all of this is to have product in stock all of the time, and we've made great strides with most of our SKUs. It's always toughest in the beginning as we introduce a new product and ramp up production. Our number one priority is and always will be quality.

Thanks for all of your patience and understanding.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I received mine today and the quality and light weight are incredible.

The leveling screw is ingenious and greatly simplifies setup. As long as your scope and rail are machined properly you will be all set.

I do have a question. The front thumbscrew on mine is a lot tighter than the rear one, is this normal?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    I received mine today and the quality and light weight are incredible.

The leveling screw is ingenious and greatly simplifies setup. As long as your scope and rail are machined properly you will be all set.

I do have a question. The front thumbscrew on mine is a lot tighter than the rear one, is this normal?
    Thanks for the kind words.

The screws should feel about the same. The front ball detent is a bit stiffer because the spring has more pre-load on it than the rear one due to geometrical constraints. There could also be a tolerance stack up on your front screw that is making it feel tight. You can try working it loose by turning it back and forth a bit or we can take a look at it for you. Please contact tech support through our website and they'll get you a pre-paid return label if you'd like to go that route.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.

The screws should feel about the same. The front ball detent is a bit stiffer because the spring has more pre-load on it than the rear one due to geometrical constraints. There could also be a tolerance stack up on your front screw that is making it feel tight. You can try working it loose by turning it back and forth a bit or we can take a look at it for you. Please contact tech support through our website and they'll get you a pre-paid return label if you'd like to go that route.
    Okay. Thanks. It’s usable probably not worth shipping it back and it very well might be the preload design you mentioned.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Leap scope mount from Scalarworks - QD 7075-T6, 5.46oz

As a head's up to everyone, I purchased one of these mounts to pair with a Vortex Razor HD Gen2 1-6E that I received one week ago. First, I will say I do like the mount. However, be cautious about ring torque amounts. Scalarworks ring instructions state 25 in/lbs. Well, my scope is heading back to Vortex for replacement today as Vortex claims "it's toast" from over torqueing the rings. Vortex recommends no more than 18 in/lbs. I was having significant trouble with the scope not holding zero at different magnifications.
    Last edited by arptsprt; 04-26-19 at 21:45.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    As a head's up to everyone, I purchased one of these mounts to pair with a Vortex Razor HD Gen2 1-6E that I received one week ago. First, I will say I do like the mount. However, because cautious about ring torque amounts. Scalarworks ring instructions state 25 in/lbs. Well, my scope is heading back to Vortex for placement today as Vortex claims "it's toast" from over torqueing the rings. Vortex recommends no more than 18 in/lbs. I was having significant trouble with the scope not holding zero at different magnifications.
    That’s weird, Geissele’s is 15-18. I wonder why Scalarworks says different. Did you reach out to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Leap scope mount from Scalarworks - QD 7075-T6, 5.46oz

I did. I sent them a message this morning.

Last edited by arptsprt; 04-26-19 at 11:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    pomyc, That's an important heads up you gave. I too purchased a Vortex Razor Gen 2 1-6 a few months ago. I mated it to a BOBRO QD Extended Mount. The BOBRO enclosed card recommended a torque value of 14-20 Inch Pounds using the provided thread locker, "Vibratite 111". Vortex recommended torque value was 14-18 Inch Pounds WITHOUT any thread locker. I went with the scope manufacturer's recommendation, especially since the scope cost many times more than the mount!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I learned something from the situation, hopefully others can too.

I am just thankful for Vortex’s great warranty. So far they have been very responsive when technically I guess it’s my fault. Still, not sure why there’s such a big discrepancy between what Scalarworks recommends vs Vortex for torque. We will see if Scalarworks even pays attention to my message. They ignored another customer service request of mine, thus the reason I posted here.

Interestingly, Vortex said this is happening more and more with their scopes. I asked why? The mount is for a 30mm tube and the Razor Gen2 has a 30mm tube. I was told it’s the materials being used with today’s scope construction. Different than in times past and they don’t need the same torque but mount manufacturers aren’t adjusting. I really don’t know if that’s the case but that’s what Vortex told me. I was also told to allow more space between the ring and turret. I had about 1/8” on the rear and felt that was of plenty. I was told that could have caused part of the problem.

Anyway, I will certainly be more cautious with torque on the next one

Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    pomyc, That's an important heads up you gave. I too purchased a Vortex Razor Gen 2 1-6 a few months ago. I mated it to a BOBRO QD Extended Mount. The BOBRO enclosed card recommended a torque value of 14-20 Inch Pounds using the provided thread locker, "Vibratite 111". Vortex recommended torque value was 14-18 Inch Pounds WITHOUT any thread locker. I went with the scope manufacturer's recommendation, especially since the scope cost many times more than the mount!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast