Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Things gun guys say about ARs that make you cringe

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Things gun guys say about ARs that make you cringe:

Guys that have thousands of posts on a site like this one and then you read shit about how they go out to the desert and shoot at milk jugs.

Another favorite, eight blessed pages on 'Something Hits my cheek every once in a while' - really? unless it's making you bleed, just shoot the rifle.

Somebody who breathlessly checks in with a problem, gets advice from several folks, then isn't heard from for an extended period, when someone asks they respond 'haven't had a chance to get back out' well then it wasn't that important, was it?

Discussions on the aesthetics of stakes.

Guys who, I believe, have never really turned a wrench, on anything, babbling about what special tool you need to do this or that on an AR.

Sorry, I try to be helpfull when I can, but dayum. Thanks, for letting me vent, I have walking pneumonia and some dang stomach thing requires me to sit on the stool when I cough, although I suppose I could get some depends. Not a happy camper.
    Tannerite is ok though, right?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    My rule of thumb is that I won't bring any junk to shoot, but I won't clean up anybody else's mess either. Usually there's enough left over that I don't have to worry about it. There is almost always someone out there picking up the empty brass, so that's not a worry either.

Yes, people do unfortunately mess up the desert. As long as I know I'm not contributing to it, I'm good.
    It seems each year you have to go a little farther into the desert to get a clean spot. It would be nice if they just stayed to the fringes of the wilderness.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    It seems each year you have to go a little farther into the desert to get a clean spot. It would be nice if they just stayed to the fringes of the wilderness.
    This area is probably unique. There is a stretch of land where people go to shoot if the "official" range is full that is about 200 yards from the waste transfer station and a nearby rock quarry . Yes, it's an area that's usually full of all kinds of junk, but frankly people are good about restricting the debris to that short stretch of land. They don't tend to trash the "whole" desert. In my opinion it's excusable because of its proximity to the dump and the quarry: it's not like someone is trashing beautiful scenery or something. It's tucked away on a road people use to get to the dump or the open desert and not much else. I actually think it's amazing that people sort of respect this short piece of real estate as where you bring junk to shoot and leave the rest of the wilderness alone.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Unfortunately some people can't act like adults and have to ruin everything.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930