Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On the search for a AR15

Feedback Score

On the search for a AR15

New member here, but have been lurking for some time. Really appreciate this place and have learned a lot. I hate threads where people ask, 'what is the best AR' and don't mean this to turn in that that. But I guess by default it, it might?

I am looking to get one more really nice 5.56 AR. Right now I have a few Colts, LMT, LWRC and home builds. I really like all of them but have the itch of one last one really nice factory built AR. I have looked at Radian Weapons as a few shops recommended them. But they are a little too 'gucci' for me. I'm sure they are fine. I was also looking at a HK MR556, but just not convinced that is what I want. If it was the semi-auto 416 it would be different. There have been a few others I have looked at and then there is the KAC SR15. From what I have read on here, if the SR15 is part of the question that that means it is the answer. Is that still true?

Or is there something else I should consider?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What do you want the rifle to do? What role will it fill? What are your requirements?

Feedback Score
    I want it to do everything. Needs to be accurate, reliable, durable, dependable and have long term accuracy (not be accurate for the first 1000-2000 rounds and go to crap after that).

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fårikål View Post
    I want it to do everything. Needs to be accurate, reliable, durable, dependable and have long term accuracy (not be accurate for the first 1000-2000 rounds and go to crap after that).
    Colt 6920 OEM 1
    Magpul CTR Stock & MOE SL Handguard
    Daniel Defense Fixed Rear
    BFG VCAS Sling
    Arisaka 600 Series in IWC scout light
    Magpul MLok QD Sling Mount
    900 rounds of IMI M193 55gr ammo
    10 M3 PMags

You’re like $1,300 all in and by round 800 you’ll embarrass all the folks with gucci rifles.

ETA: I own that exact same setup. I would take it over any other AR15 variant on the planet if I wasn’t shooting under NV or beyond 300y.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-12-18 at 17:22.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Colt 6920 OEM 1
    BFG VCAS Sling
    10 M3 PMags

You’re like $1,300 all in and by round 800 you’ll embarrass all the folks with gucci rifles.

ETA: I own that exact same setup. I would take it over any other AR15 variant on the planet if I wasn’t shooting under NV or beyond 300y.
    This^^^^^ Thread could be locked now ....
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Colt 6920 OEM 1
    BFG VCAS Sling
    10 M3 PMags

Toss an Aimpoint PRO / Trijicon MRO / Aimpoint T2 on there, and you had me at 'hello'. I am also a fan of tape pressure switches for lights.

Feedback Score
    Colt 6920 OEM 1
    BFG VCAS Sling
    10 M3 PMags

Like I mentioned in the OP, I already have Colts. Looking for something different this time. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Why is Radian Gucci? If you want ambi, there’s nothing finer. Shilen barrels. I consider it Noveske 2.0. But not a military pedigree which sounds like you prefer with your collection.

In that case sounds like SR15 is what you want. May as well get an 11.5 Form 4 version and be a happy camper.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    You already have Colts, but you don't want a Gucci. What else is there?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fårikål View Post
    Like I mentioned in the OP, I already have Colts. Looking for something different this time. Thanks.
    Have you tried shooting your Colts?

Based on my experience with M4C, that would indeed be very different.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast