Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Figuring out a new Faxon barrel

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I did not word the hypothetical reply well.

If they had offered him credit towards a different barrel, we all would have a different opinion of Faxon right now.

I'm not defending their decision, and certainly not criticizing PB for expecting to receive a quality barrel in the first place, or expecting a much higher level of customer care.

My Faxon barrel shoots quite well; this thread is making me think I got lucky.

Andy

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    If they had offered him credit towards a different barrel, we all would have a different opinion of Faxon right now.
    Exactly. I don't know anyone at faxon or anything about the company. But we wasted a few hundred dollars in ammo, Labor in making the ammo and assembling the upper, etc. WELL in excess of the price of the barrel.

And they reply that it's too shot out to diagnose after 500 or so rounds?

Oh well... here's its beautiful chrome lined replacement BCM barrel:

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    On 11/2/ I was told they would send my barrel back in two days. Still no barrel. I sent a message a couple days ago, where is my barrel. NOTHING - CRICKETS

I did however buy an awesome BCM barrel that shot MOA day one. All my guns have historically shot well, functioned well, bla bla bla because I bought BCM, Colt , LMT and the stuff runs. I take one stupid chance on brand X got burnt. I feel like the idiot that post, I bought a frankenburger and it taste like shit - shocker.

Oh well back in the fold. Life is good with BCM.

PB
    After how I was treated about 6 years ago by Faxon, I vowed to never spend a dime with them. There are other and BETTER product available with great CS.

Feedback Score
    I just purchased a Faxon pencil barrel for a lightweight build I am doing
    I also purchased their lightweight gas block and slim comp.

I made my purchase on all the good things I heard about them, this is the first negative review I have ran across.
    Will definitely document every aspect of the build and how it works out with the end results.

Build consist of a Mag Tactical magnesium lower and a Fostech magnesium upper with lightweight 13.5 M-loc handguard.

Will keep you posted on the progress and the results after I get it to the range.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought the (BCM-BRL-MID-16LW STDBCM Standard 16" Mid Length (LIGHT WEIGHT) Barrel, Stripped (.625))

I went with this barrel because I had a $200 or so adjustable gas block in the .625 variety. It handled great and shot great. Very happy with the BCM barrel. The gun is now super sweet. I just couldn't use an LMT MARS lower with Geiselle rail....and crappy barrel. I couldn't let that go.

PB
    Just now reading through this thread. That’s impressive for the barrel, the few posts I’ve seen about actual BCM accuracy are typically decent but not great. I assume you were using your 77 SMK handloads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I was an early adopter of Faxon barrels and have bought several from them. But this behavior from them is disturbing and is not something that I can excuse, nor would I try to.

Hell I'm local to ballistic advantage, and either BRT or BA will get my business from now on.

Faxon is f*cking up huge here.

Almost like Kimber/SIG leadership transitioned to Faxon.

Such a shame as my 18" first run Gunner, 16" Gunner, and 308 16" medium-taper all shoot lights out. Not to mention the half dozen I built uppers around for various friends and co-workers. I won't sell what I've got, but I'll not buy another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Wow, just ran across this post. Was planning on using the 16" gunner, for the wife's next build.

After reading this I am not so sure. They have great reviews. Plenty of people "claiming" MOA, some even Sub MOA.

So if I understand this, it started out with 5" groups , went down to 1.5" and later jumped back up to 5" groups.
    And then customer service debacle.

Hmmm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The real issue is their customer service, everybody can produce a lemon, its where it goes from there that matters. They failed miserable and don't care.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a BCM elw barrel. It’s accuarcy first mag far exceeded my expectations.

I’ve never really understood the whole new flavor of the month ‘budget’ companies that get such huge followings. I’m just a big sucker for the long term performance and reputation of a company.

Sounds like faxon will be one of the many flavors of the month that comes and goes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had a BCM barrel that was minute of barn. Never again. Anyways, I had such good results with faxon's SOCOM line in 18" and 10.5, that I went and got another in 16. This was my first time having issues as the brass looked squeezed tight because of the rings around it. On a hunch after an inspection, the chamber looked like it needed to be honed. I messaged Faxon on Facebook and they told me to do it myself and that it would not void anything. I have nothing against doing it myself but to be told to fix it myself that was their mess up all along and not any apology, pissed me off. I will no longer be buying anything from Faxon.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011