Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any SIG 556R owners here?

Feedback Score

Any SIG 556R owners here?

I have had a 556 for a while, a decent little SBR if no anything particularly special.

LGS had one with a Troy Rail , one of the STS 081 version SIg RDS,
    I picked up for 750.

I think the rifles used to go for over 1000 bucks and the rails were 200 plus.

There are no intrinsic sights using the Troy rail.
    They also did not build in the catch for the folding stock.

The stock is length of pull adjustable, unlike the one on mine.

I think I will go basic MBUS sights and AR height RDS on this.

Has anyone found a catch that is supposed to go on the Troy rail for the stock?

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    I have a 5.56x45 chambered 556 SBR, but am not familiar with the 556R. How about posting some pictures?

Feedback Score
    This is just like it.
    Takes AK mags, is 7.62x39

I have put BUiS and. Cowitnessed SIG Romeo on it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/OGwvXDkepTxY5qNC3
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Holy crap.

I was at the range with half a dozen of my favorite Chinese ribless AK mags,
    And a couple hundred rounds of TULA 124 grain soft point.
    Some polymer ARMS back up sights kept everything in a six inch circle and the RDS was under 4 and in some cases under 3 MOA.

I know everyone talks about their sub 2MOA AKs, etc.

But in close to thirty years I have never had an AK this accurate or grabbed a box of Wolf or TULA that did not struggle with staying under 6MOA with longer strings.

Never had an AK or

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I was an AK guy before I was an AR guy. I have a 556R and consider it a highly refined AK. I like it a lot. I went all in with a Browe Combat Optic with x39 reticle even. The eye relief on the BCO is ridiculously short and I never shoot the rifle especially now that I have ARs. I still really like it though.
    Last edited by dmd08; 02-15-18 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    A metal lower, a touch better/AR exact ERGs on the selector, and an offside non reciprocating charging handle,
    And this would be the ultimate AK.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I had a gen 2 version. It was a decent gun, but it suffered from same problem all SIG rifles do, eventually SIG will drop all support. Not wanting an expensive paperweight, I unloaded it to a SIG-o-phile. I'm sure SIG will abandon the MCX anytime soon and move on to the next uber design.

Feedback Score
    I love my SIG556R. I had a factory FDE SIG556 I bought brand new in 2008 and sold after 4 years because I realized there are better weapons that shoot 5.56 and she just wasn't a keeper!
    The SIG556R is different Beast worthy of it's own respect. I admittedly love the simplicity and reliability of the AK-47 and the 7.62x39 round and praise its combat effectiveness, but is there a finer weapon than the SIG556R in the 7.62x39 evolution?
    I've kept mine sans SIG support lol, and have acquired parts to keep her thumping for a while. For a 7.62x39 platform this is as good as it's going to get!

Forget about any luck with a folding stock catch, you'd better rig your own system Ranger!
    3.jpg
    Last edited by GLD1980; 01-21-21 at 02:28.

Feedback Score
    Yes, i have a 556 classic. Stock sights suck past 15 feet. Plan on a optic at some point. Have not shot it in like 5 years. They are heavy compared to a m4 clone. I bought it for hunting, and never ended up putting a optic on it as i got a windham flat top for 475 shipped and use that as my dedicated coyote gun. mine just sits in the safe.

Feedback Score
    An acquaintance of mine has a 556R and it's a bad little rifle. Those SBR'd, if you were lucky enough to get one that was properly tuned & didn't have the gremlins they are infamous for, are one of the best 7.62x39 rifles out there.

My homie was squeezing 2-3 MOA out of his at 100 yards with a red dot. He claimed that he took it to 400m with boring reliability once he had the holds down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast