Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any SIG 556R owners here?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have version 2 and have 1000's and 1000's of cheapest, cheaper, cheap, and us loaded 7.62X39 rounds through it suppressed and unsuppressed. I called Sig and bought an extra piston thing and sent it to a member here who drilled me a suppressor setting port. Every mag I've found works, but love me the bakelite old school versions and get questions everytime I bring it to the range, or club shoot.

Threw an Aimpoint pro on it and been enjoying for years. Paid $1200 for it as I remember and version 2 has the metal shelf to engage the mags. Between that and my IWI Galil Ace in 7.62X51 I'm pretty happy with the AK ish platforms.

Feedback Score
    I have a 556 and 556R Classic. As said earlier, Sig dropped all warranty and support for these rifles when the Xi came out. There are some really POed Sig customers out there who feel betrayed. Any extra parts are few and far between AND expensive when you do find some.

My two Sigs have been very good, reliable and accurate rifles. No problems whatsoever. The best I can home for is long life for these rifles and if they ever break beyond my capability for repair, I’ll probably break them down and sell the parts that are left.

Feedback Score
    They are great rifles, however sig lost me as a customer when they kept discontinuing rifles and not offering factory support for them. I trade my sig 556

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12