Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody using the Paul Howe aperture in A1 upper?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Deleted due to low knowledge base.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-07-18 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Thank you.

Do you mean a 100 m zero with the notch?

To be honest, I will be using/use the large aperture most if the time, but I think I appreciate the concept of the CSAT on an iron sight only rifle.

I may put a CSAT aperture in the Troy BUIS on my red-dot gun, but that thought is mainly driven by a nicely priced aperture on the EE (the Troy is same-plane already).

Andy
    No, the notch can be zeroed at 7 yards which has a mechanical offset built in to it that causes the apertures to zero at 100 meters/yards....in theory....need to verify and see where it will hit of course. On an 8/3 carbine it all worked out well on mine combining the CSAT with this

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...100-Meter-Zero

If the rear doesn't have elevation adjustment (thinking that is the case with Troy) then the notch will be 7 yards and the aperture(s) will be 100.

Gonna say you won't be gaining a lot going to the CSAT rear for red dot use, but the XS large apertures give a good sight picture with red dots and I kind of suspect the notch could be useful depending on whether or not you are using a lower 1/3 mount or (maybe) if the dot has a 200 or 300 zero.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-09-18 at 09:12.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Deleted due to low knowledge base.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-07-18 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah it may be a nitpicking/OCD thing, but I like the idea of same plane especially when combining with a red dot. Sight in small aperture and flip large for the red dot.

I do think slipping the range scale to allow the 100m setting(6/3 -6 clicks I think?) with the CSAT will be worth while to get the built in notch to aperture offset to work AND make use of the elevation drum for longer ranges.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-09-18 at 10:15.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12